Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Advice for Moms Advice for Moms

teething signs please helpppp

Posted by on May. 8, 2013 at 9:07 PM
  • 10 Replies
My daughter is 6 months old she doesn't have any teeth yet but I am afraid she is teething and I can't tell her gums look normal but she is chewing on everything and drooling everywhere what are some signs of teething and when should her teeth arrive
by on May. 8, 2013 at 9:07 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
frndlyfn
by Platinum Member on May. 8, 2013 at 10:15 PM

The arrival could take days to months when they start gnawing on things.   Did you pick her up some special teethers?

carolina_gal
by Bronze Member on May. 9, 2013 at 7:16 AM

Teeth can start arriving anytime after you have your baby. Just be prepared with cold washcloths, teething rings, etc.

Mom2Just1
by Mom2boys on May. 9, 2013 at 10:13 AM

SHe is showing classic signs.  Teething can take months before the teething show up. We are 2 months in and no teeth.

Daisypath Anniversary tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Breastfeeding tickers

Bmat
by Barb on May. 9, 2013 at 10:46 AM

Drooling and chewing are two signs. Also if you run your finger over her gums the gums feel hard where the teeth are going to erupt, and sometimes you can see little white areas where the teeth are going to come up.

LancesMom
by Gold Member on May. 9, 2013 at 11:29 AM

She is showing signs for sure. Drooling is a big sign, discomfort too if she starts getting fussy.

It could be days weeks or months, it just depends on your baby!

mom_dl6
by Member on May. 9, 2013 at 12:10 PM

Those 2 signs are pretty good for teething !

kali_mom
by on May. 9, 2013 at 2:10 PM
Lots of cold towels for her to chew on and Baltic Amber Teething necklaces are very popular. Make sure it's Baltic Amber and not a copycat. You have a long way to go so one day at a time is the best thing to remember.
LindaClement
by on May. 9, 2013 at 8:04 PM

If she's in no apparent pain, it's unlikely she's teething. You can usually see the tooth buds under swollen gums, which explains the discomfort.

It's normal for 6mos to have increased saliva production and to be interested in exploring things with their mouths, including chewing things.

skuvs1
by on May. 9, 2013 at 10:14 PM
There is no sure way to tell when your little ones teeth are going to come in, but the usual signs are drooling everywhere, a little more cranky, slight fever, putting everything in the mouth, and depending what teeth are coming in they can also sick their fingers in their ears. The hard part is..... at this age, the signs of an ear infection, the common cold, and teething are pretty much all the same. The thing my son like the most was chewing on a cold wet washcloth. Hope it helps :)
lidibolton
by on May. 9, 2013 at 10:20 PM

Yeah i would say if she's chewing and drooling those are signs right there. Id get her a teether or a cold wet cloth to chew on to help ease those teeth coming in. Give it a little while you will soon start them starting to come through her gums

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN