Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Need advice.

Posted by on May. 8, 2013 at 9:21 PM
  • 12 Replies

we I found out I was pregnant I told the father. ( I know the father because I havent been with anyone else in a year). He was there for a week and talked to me. But since than he denies the baby. Wont go to my ultrasound nothing. I contacted him. He told me not to talk to him anymore. I had one ultrasoung about 2 weeks ago and my friend went up to his work just to give him a picture of his baby. about 1 hour later I get a call from the police mind you he asked my friend why I didnt I give it him and all this other stuff. And when she told him about my next ultrasound on monday he said he would be there? I dont even know what to think. But this police officer tells me not to contact him again; well I didnt contact him my friend gave him a picture. Now what can I do. Or what can I say to get him to realize he needs to be there. or what can I do with the police?

Im going threw alot in my pregnancy and I cant keep doing this alone. I have been in and out of the hospital since I found out I was pregnant. With them thinking Im going to lose the baby and everything else:[

by on May. 8, 2013 at 9:21 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Lunarprancer
by Member on May. 8, 2013 at 9:24 PM

I'm sorry you are having issues and are feeling alone.  There is nothing you can do to make him realize anything.  Hang in there, then go through the state once the baby is born.  

tkachattach13
by on May. 8, 2013 at 9:26 PM

But untill then im alone. I cant do it. Its hard enough knowing he says all this mean stuff

frndlyfn
by Platinum Member on May. 8, 2013 at 9:52 PM
1 mom liked this

It is looking like you may have to do it alone.  Perhaps see if the hospital has an expectant mother support group you can attend so that you can build a support system while you are coping with health issues.

zboys
by Member on May. 8, 2013 at 10:50 PM

You won't be able to make him do anything.  Is there a friend who can go to the appointments with you?

jackiewal10
by Gold Member on May. 8, 2013 at 11:00 PM

You can't MAKE him be a part of the baby's life.  And you can't MAKE him be around to help you out.  You just can't.  AFTER the baby is born you can take him to court for child support, but that's about it. 

connie45
by Member on May. 8, 2013 at 11:44 PM
1 mom liked this
Toughen up sister. You got yourself in this situation and now it's time to grow up and get real. Let him go. Do what you,have to do to,get child support and move on.
tkachattach13
by on May. 9, 2013 at 8:30 AM

I dont even expect him to pay child support. Thats not what I am saying I want him to do. I just want him to go to the ultrasounds with me.. I can support the baby on my own. I cant be two parents. I do that with my daughter already. But at least her dad wants to be part of her life but he cant be at this moment. Hes in the military.. this time I have no idea how I got into this mess. He told me I was so perfect and he was falling in love with me. I got pregnant and where is he now. Doing him.

CameronsMommy23
by on May. 9, 2013 at 8:37 AM
Hang in there and forget him. Your kid doesn't need someone around only bc you're trying to force it right? Focus on baby. Hugs!!
CorpCityGrl
by Member on May. 9, 2013 at 8:39 AM

It's time to toughen up.  You can't MAKE him do anything and it sounds like you are trying to - either actively or passively.  Once the baby is born, file for child support.  In the meantime, stop even trying to contact him or having friends do that. 

jackiewal10
by Gold Member on May. 9, 2013 at 9:14 AM

That's not going to happen though.  He doesn't WANT to and there isn't anything you can do or say that is going to change his mind.  MAYBE he'll come around on his own, but don't count on it.  What's him going to an ultrasound going to do?  That's the easiest appointment there is.  You just need to move on, pretend he doesn't exist, and should he contact YOU...THEN talk about it.

Quoting tkachattach13:

I dont even expect him to pay child support. Thats not what I am saying I want him to do. I just want him to go to the ultrasounds with me.. I can support the baby on my own. I cant be two parents. I do that with my daughter already. But at least her dad wants to be part of her life but he cant be at this moment. Hes in the military.. this time I have no idea how I got into this mess. He told me I was so perfect and he was falling in love with me. I got pregnant and where is he now. Doing him.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured