Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Advice for Moms Advice for Moms

this really really sucks

Posted by on May. 8, 2013 at 9:21 PM
  • 9 Replies
Although I am happy for my daughter, I am sad I can't share my excitement with my dad.
Emily has been hand picked to play a special game of soccer by her coach. Her coach said Emily shows lots of promise and is a great team player and listens well.
I wanna call my dad so bad, I know he would be so proud of her. I hate him being gone because when I get good news I wanna call him and tell him and have him be excited just as well.
Miss you daddy...
by on May. 8, 2013 at 9:21 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
luvemboth
by Silver Member on May. 8, 2013 at 9:29 PM
:( I'm sorry for your loss. I'm sure he'd be very proud.
Congrats to your dd! That'll be an exciting game for her :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
alexis_06
by AnnaLisa on May. 8, 2013 at 9:48 PM

what an exciting opportunity for your daughter! she must be so excited!  as for your dad, i am so sorry for your loss *hugs* i am sure he will be watching her from afar!!  :)

stephanie0688
by on May. 8, 2013 at 10:08 PM
:( hugs momma
aurora.dove
by Bronze Member on May. 8, 2013 at 10:10 PM

I'm very sorry for your loss :( I sitll have my dad but I get this way with my Grandma a lot. Congrats to your daughter though!!

zboys
by on May. 8, 2013 at 10:44 PM

Maybe you could role play it out somewhere like in a garden.  You know, just say the words out loud as if you dad were right there with you.  Just an idea.

SexyTeacher
by Gold Member on May. 8, 2013 at 10:47 PM

Just know your dad is watching from the big soccer field in the sky. But I know how you feel. I miss my daddy too and it will soon be 4 years.

dallascowboys82
by Member on May. 8, 2013 at 11:31 PM
It just makes me tear up cause I never thought he would leave this earth so soon. He usually comes down May or June for vacation. So we are nearing that time and it hurts this will be the first time in seven years he won't be here for vacation.
I am still in consulting

Quoting SexyTeacher:

Just know your dad is watching from the big soccer field in the sky. But I know how you feel. I miss my daddy too and it will soon be 4 years.

dallascowboys82
by Member on May. 8, 2013 at 11:31 PM
I know he is watching and rooting her on.

Quoting SexyTeacher:

dallascowboys82
by Member on May. 8, 2013 at 11:35 PM
1 mom liked this
Yes my daughter is very thrilled. Out of 30 kids in all she was picked amount the 30. Her coach ranked them and Emily got in the highest rank group. I so happy for her, she has worked really hard, listens to her coaches advice and her teammate's.

Quoting alexis_06:

what an exciting opportunity for your daughter! she must be so excited!  as for your dad, i am so sorry for your loss *hugs* i am sure he will be watching her from afar!!  :)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)