Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Advice for Moms Advice for Moms

Put your pants on!!!

Posted by on May. 9, 2013 at 6:22 PM
  • 37 Replies

My child (3 1/2 years old) is becoming a nudist.  In the past 2 weeks or so she has decided that pants are no longer a necessity.  She will go to the bathroom and come out bare butt.  I ask "where are your pants?"  She says "I don't know.  I took them off."  I have asked her 3 times in 5 minutes to put her pants on.  What is up with the naked butt obsession?  Why does this child insist on being without pants, shorts, panties, or a skirt?  If I have to tell this child to put her pants on one more time...Ugh.  Vent over.

by on May. 9, 2013 at 6:22 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
OliviaW.
by on May. 9, 2013 at 6:24 PM
3 moms liked this
I understand. I started putting mine in dresses that she can't take off.
AbbysMom1017
by on May. 9, 2013 at 6:30 PM
1 mom liked this

My personal opinion is at that age, compromise with them, let them run around naked at home but if someone comes over, they go outside or any where else they have to wear pants end of story. works with my 2 1/2 yo. She's potty training so thats most likely why mine is doing it. It's not about giving them their way it's about choosing your battles.

frndlyfn
by Platinum Member on May. 9, 2013 at 6:35 PM

I would compromise as well .   DD will run around in her panties now that she is in elem. school but before that she would run around completely bare from waist down.

-PB
by Gold Member on May. 9, 2013 at 7:49 PM

I think my problem with that is that she insists on sitting on the couch.  Eww!  As a germaphob that doesn't go over well with me.  lol

Quoting AbbysMom1017:

My personal opinion is at that age, compromise with them, let them run around naked at home but if someone comes over, they go outside or any where else they have to wear pants end of story. works with my 2 1/2 yo. She's potty training so thats most likely why mine is doing it. It's not about giving them their way it's about choosing your battles.

AbbysMom1017
by on May. 10, 2013 at 8:40 AM

Eh, no offense but I have a child, worrying about germs went out the window. I clean as well as I can and prevent as well as I can. If it happens it happens. You just have to find out ways to protect what you can't clean easily like using slip covers over top of the bedwetting pads on the couch cushions; towels and dissinfecting cleaner at the ready to clean the floor. I have pergo floors in the living room, vinyl in the kitchen, bath and hallways, and hard woods in the bedrooms so it's a breeze to clean up if needed.

Quoting -PB:

I think my problem with that is that she insists on sitting on the couch.  Eww!  As a germaphob that doesn't go over well with me.  lol

Quoting AbbysMom1017:

ihave1
by Member on May. 10, 2013 at 11:04 AM

You made  laugh   also what ae pergo floors? 

Quoting AbbysMom1017:

Eh, no offense but I have a child, worrying about germs went out the window. I clean as well as I can and prevent as well as I can. If it happens it happens. You just have to find out ways to protect what you can't clean easily like using slip covers over top of the bedwetting pads on the couch cushions; towels and dissinfecting cleaner at the ready to clean the floor. I have pergo floors in the living room, vinyl in the kitchen, bath and hallways, and hard woods in the bedrooms so it's a breeze to clean up if needed.

Quoting -PB:

Quoting AbbysMom1017:

AbbysMom1017
by on May. 10, 2013 at 11:07 AM

It is a type of laminate wood flooring that has no seams so it's virtually waterproof; plus you can clean anything off of it like fingernail polish just peels right off of it.

Quoting ihave1:

Quoting AbbysMom1017:

Quoting -PB:

Quoting AbbysMom1017:

ihave1
by Member on May. 10, 2013 at 11:10 AM

that sounds good.  We are taking our carpet out of our bedrooms soon.  Think I will look into getting that for my dd room.  thank you for letting me know.

Quoting AbbysMom1017:

It is a type of laminate wood flooring that has no seams so it's virtually waterproof; plus you can clean anything off of it like fingernail polish just peels right off of it.

Quoting ihave1:

Quoting AbbysMom1017:

Quoting -PB:

Quoting AbbysMom1017:

melissaaytes
by Member on May. 10, 2013 at 11:14 AM
1 mom liked this

I can totally understand this!!  I have a 3 1/2 yo as well and she wants to sleep butt naked too, nothing on top either.  I put clothes on that child and when I go check there is her clothes in a pile on the floor!  I just go with the flow, if it is just her, and DH and I, I will allow no clothes but if someone comes over she has to cover that booty :)  I don't let her sit on the couches though bare butt unless she just had a bath when I know she is clean!!  She sat on my foot with her arms around my leg last night and I just told her to get her little stinky booty off my foot lol!

Quoting -PB:

Quoting AbbysMom1017:

CafeMom Tickers
AbbysMom1017
by on May. 10, 2013 at 11:17 AM

If you're just doing one room look at the discount or outlet flooring stores that have limited quantities of certain styles, you can get a great deal like we did and most will still offer installation and warranties.

Quoting ihave1:

that sounds good.  We are taking our carpet out of our bedrooms soon.  Think I will look into getting that for my dd room.  thank you for letting me know.

Quoting AbbysMom1017:

Quoting ihave1:

Quoting AbbysMom1017:

Quoting -PB:

Quoting AbbysMom1017:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)