Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Advice for Moms Advice for Moms

expired mirena iud pregnant? please help

Posted by on May. 9, 2013 at 9:48 PM
  • 6 Replies

hi my mirena expired in september of 2012, is it possible to become pregnant with it still in place just expired? my husband and i have not used any other form of birthcontrol. i have been feeling tired a lot more and today my breast began to hurt. that was the first sign i noticed with my son. also my stomach has been cramping like up by my ribs. if some one can please help me i would appreciate it.

by on May. 9, 2013 at 9:48 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
Crysrey1
by New Member on May. 9, 2013 at 9:52 PM
You have to worry about tubal pregnacies on that. It also is not effective if it is expired. When it is not expired it releases hormones. I would just make a trip to the dr.
lidibolton
by on May. 9, 2013 at 10:26 PM
1 mom liked this

well considering its not made of copper and the way it works is hormones. so if its expired yes there is a good chance you are pregnant

brittanyb91
by on May. 9, 2013 at 11:11 PM

i also have mirena and that was one of my questions when i had it put it, and yes it is possible to get pregnant with it being expired and if u are pregnant have the BC removed asap cause it could cause major problems with the pregnancy and possibly  ur health.

carolina_gal
by Bronze Member on May. 10, 2013 at 7:13 AM

Sorry, I'm no help but here's  bump for more help.

Good luck!!!

bmw29
by Bronze Member on May. 10, 2013 at 7:15 AM
They last much longer than 5 years though. All of the symptoms your having I dealt with for my entire 10 year mirena experience.
AM-BRAT
by Amber on May. 10, 2013 at 7:48 AM
Those scare the crap outta me. See your doc.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN