Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Advice for Moms Advice for Moms

which cable/ dish? direct TV? TW?

Posted by on May. 10, 2013 at 2:01 AM
  • 29 Replies

I am moving and the apartment seems to be set for Direct TV.it sucks as my Italian channels are on Dish or time Warner.

Can I still sign up for a different providoer?

which one do you have? why?

do you like Direct TV? why?

by on May. 10, 2013 at 2:01 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
ballerossandra
by Bronze Member on May. 10, 2013 at 2:05 AM

BUMP!

AM-BRAT
by Amber on May. 10, 2013 at 5:17 AM
None!!

We had suddenlink for years, then direct tv for years more- and realized how awful it was.

Dh gets his sports on the net, the kids have netflix, it's just such a waste.

Gl if you decide to go on with it though lol!
KelliansMom
by Silver Member on May. 10, 2013 at 5:19 AM
It depends on the complex. My apartment complex only allows us to use directtv :(. Our last apartment complex we could use any company we wanted
trisha903
by on May. 10, 2013 at 11:24 AM
I think there both about the same both are good
ihave1
by Member on May. 10, 2013 at 11:34 AM

I bet you can get a Roku and watch ur show using that.  We have suddenlink, it's okay.   We use to have dish b/c my dh is from Pakistan and we used that to watch his shows.  Now we use the Roku.  

Karine561
by on May. 10, 2013 at 11:35 AM
I like dish better then direct tv.
la_bella_vita
by Gold Member on May. 10, 2013 at 11:55 AM

We have direc TV for now.  Thinking about switching since we can get more in our area now

Bmat
by Barb on May. 10, 2013 at 12:48 PM
1 mom liked this

I like direct tv, the service is good,  I like the menu and search choices.

LindaClement
by on May. 10, 2013 at 1:32 PM

You'll have to check with the apartment's management: your lease may well have included your agreement to use their provider, in which case, no actually, you can't have anyone else.

We use cable because it's the only way to get local channels.

LoreleiSieja
by Bronze Member on May. 10, 2013 at 1:55 PM

When I was in an apartment, only last year, the choices were limited.  The place I was in had a contract with one cable company only.  We could not use the alternate cable company in town.  Also, only some of the apartments could use satellite TV companies like dish network or direcTV.  You had to have a south-facing apartment.  If you were in one of the buildings that faced east/west or in a north-facing apartment, you were out of luck. That's because they had to put the dish on your little balcony.  They could not put it on the roof.  

My FAVORITE Tv company was AT&T.  They provided us the best channels, the best internet, and the best customer service in our area.

Now we've moved into a house in the country, and AT&T is not available.  Now I have direcTV for shows, and Hughesnet for internet.  I love the hughesnet Gen 4.  I'm iffy on DirecTV.  We lose programming every time it snows - which in MI is a lot.  

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)