Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Advice for Moms Advice for Moms

Bully...to tell or not to tell?

Posted by on May. 10, 2013 at 6:15 AM
  • 26 Replies

My son has had a boy picking on him all year, he has come home with bruises, ripped clothing, and a broken brand new, leather bracelet, my Mom brought him from FL vacation.  The school is aware, and are supposedly working on it, but this bully has many problems at the school and continuously causing trouble, but because he has a Learning Disability, they are walking on egg shells.  No offense, but my son has a LD as well, but he knows right from wrong, and is a respectable student.

What really eats me up inside is that this bully isn't even suppose to be attending our school.  He lives in a different school district, and his mom is lying about their address so he can go to our school.  Yes, he could apply for school of choice, which his mom did a few years ago, but his School of Choice application was denied, because he has a past history of getting suspended for behavior.  So that is why she lied and said they lived in our district, and used an old address she had when she was in the district.  I am so torn, I feel like a big "ASS" if I snitch, because she told me in secrecy, and out of trust about their situation, but I feel like it would make both my son, and all the others being picked on by him feel so much safer at school.  I don't want to be the tattle tale though? HELP.....

by on May. 10, 2013 at 6:15 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
trisha903
by on May. 10, 2013 at 11:11 AM
Tell do what is best for your son
Chirinos
by Member on May. 10, 2013 at 11:14 AM
I would say something for your sons sake and the school.
ihave1
by Member on May. 10, 2013 at 11:17 AM
1 mom liked this

Girl you should tell!   You need to do what is best for your son, not that women & her  child.  By not telling you are failing your son. 

aurora.dove
by Bronze Member on May. 10, 2013 at 11:22 AM

This

Quoting ihave1:

Girl you should tell!   You need to do what is best for your son, not that women & her  child.  By not telling you are failing your son. 

nurse1997
by Member on May. 10, 2013 at 11:26 AM

Be a snitch look out  for own kid !!!

ashley9603
by on May. 10, 2013 at 12:16 PM

I cant stand that when schools wont do anything....my dd has autism and has an iep and I would never allow that to excuse her behavior.The school needs to do something now.I would complain and do what you have to do to advocate for your child.

Quoting hancex6:

My son has had a boy picking on him all year, he has come home with bruises, ripped clothing, and a broken brand new, leather bracelet, my Mom brought him from FL vacation.  The school is aware, and are supposedly working on it, but this bully has many problems at the school and continuously causing trouble, but because he has a Learning Disability, they are walking on egg shells.  No offense, but my son has a LD as well, but he knows right from wrong, and is a respectable student.

What really eats me up inside is that this bully isn't even suppose to be attending our school.  He lives in a different school district, and his mom is lying about their address so he can go to our school.  Yes, he could apply for school of choice, which his mom did a few years ago, but his School of Choice application was denied, because he has a past history of getting suspended for behavior.  So that is why she lied and said they lived in our district, and used an old address she had when she was in the district.  I am so torn, I feel like a big "ASS" if I snitch, because she told me in secrecy, and out of trust about their situation, but I feel like it would make both my son, and all the others being picked on by him feel so much safer at school.  I don't want to be the tattle tale though? HELP.....

-PB
by Gold Member on May. 10, 2013 at 12:44 PM

I'd be a snitch.  Do what's right for your kid.

Bleacheddecay
by Silver Member on May. 10, 2013 at 1:14 PM

Tell.

Marimaru
by on May. 10, 2013 at 1:33 PM
2 moms liked this

If you know her well enough that she told you that in secret, you probably have tried talking to her about her son?

Other than that, if the school isn't doing anything about him, and my kid kept having issues like that, I'd probably do what I needed to do to get it taken care of.  If the mom cared that much, she'd make sure her son's behavior was in line.

jackiewal10
by Gold Member on May. 10, 2013 at 1:43 PM

TOTALLY unacceptable the way the school is handling this.  I wouldn't care about being a "snitch".  I would report that IF you are positive that it's true.  Also, I would be going to the school board, the superintendent, ANYONE to make SURE that this situation is handled.  The media even.  Bullying needs to be 100% unacceptable.  All this school has done is teach this kid that he can get away with this crap.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)