Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Advice for Moms Advice for Moms

A parent slapped the coach today..

Posted by on May. 11, 2013 at 9:49 AM
  • 38 Replies
at my 5 yr old's baseball game this morning! I am livid! I grabbed my son up and left immediately. Yes, there are things about this coach that don't thrill me...but under NO circumstances, do you slap a coach in front of the kids!! OR scream and yell and argue in front of them! And this is a christian league!! This is how christians get a bad name! I am pondering on what to do now...should we still participate? I think this mother owes all of the kids an apology!
by on May. 11, 2013 at 9:49 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
aurora.dove
by Bronze Member on May. 11, 2013 at 9:52 AM
2 moms liked this

Oh wow, I am against any kind of ridiculous act like that...Christian or not, in front of kids or not. I feel awful for her kid if she goes around slapping people. I wouldn't let my kid stay on the team, I would have to request a new team or try to find a new league. If the parent will act like that, so will the kid.

Jadegirl1819
by Bronze Member on May. 11, 2013 at 10:02 AM
7 moms liked this

You need to contact the director of the league and put in a complaint.  When that happens around here the parent is no longer allowed at games/practice and/or the child is removed from the league.

lucky2Beeme
by Gold Member on May. 11, 2013 at 10:36 AM
1 mom liked this

I hope he presses charges against her. She deserve them damn  Nutjob!

AJ-47
by on May. 11, 2013 at 10:44 AM
2 moms liked this
Wow. As a parent, you'd think she'd want to set a good example by showing self control and restraint - not to mention, being violent is NEVER the way to go about things! What's that teaching the kids that saw?! I hope the necessary actions are taken and she realizes what she did is so very wrong.
mom-o-7
by on May. 11, 2013 at 10:53 AM

That's the first thing I did!

Quoting Jadegirl1819:

You need to contact the director of the league and put in a complaint.  When that happens around here the parent is no longer allowed at games/practice and/or the child is removed from the league.

Bmat
by Barb on May. 11, 2013 at 11:10 AM
2 moms liked this

Yes, you should still participate, and you should show extra support to the coach.

atlmom2
by Ruby Member on May. 11, 2013 at 11:11 AM
2 moms liked this
Some parents are like road rage at the field. It is insane.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Tannaris
by Bronze Member on May. 11, 2013 at 11:14 AM
1 mom liked this
We just had a coach die out here from being punched by a player that didn't think the call was fair. 17 yo kid and he's going to be charged. So sad all around. People really need to keep their hands to themselves!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
daisykat
by on May. 11, 2013 at 11:29 AM
1 mom liked this
I feel sorry for her family. If she's willing to slap a stranger, how must the husband fare at home? Not to mention how embarrassing it's gotta be to have Mom smacking the coach around. She should be banned for further games. Sounds like the kids were doing a better job at acting like adults than some of the adults were.
mom-o-7
by on May. 11, 2013 at 11:44 AM

This is exactly what my husband and I were discussing...can you imagine how home life must be with this wretch!  Her husband is the nicest man you've ever met, I'm sure he takes lots of abuse off her!  I hope and pray to God he presses charges against her!  I do feel sorry for her son...he'll be marked because of his mother!

Quoting daisykat:

I feel sorry for her family. If she's willing to slap a stranger, how must the husband fare at home? Not to mention how embarrassing it's gotta be to have Mom smacking the coach around. She should be banned for further games. Sounds like the kids were doing a better job at acting like adults than some of the adults were.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN