Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Advice for Moms Advice for Moms

A parent slapped the coach today..

Posted by   + Show Post
at my 5 yr old's baseball game this morning! I am livid! I grabbed my son up and left immediately. Yes, there are things about this coach that don't thrill me...but under NO circumstances, do you slap a coach in front of the kids!! OR scream and yell and argue in front of them! And this is a christian league!! This is how christians get a bad name! I am pondering on what to do now...should we still participate? I think this mother owes all of the kids an apology!
by on May. 11, 2013 at 9:49 AM
Replies (11-20):
mom-o-7
by on May. 11, 2013 at 11:48 AM

I want to, but my husband doesn't.  He has the final say, but i'm hoping he will come around after he cools down some.  My son loves baseball!!

Quoting Bmat:

Yes, you should still participate, and you should show extra support to the coach.

Bmat
by Barb on May. 11, 2013 at 11:51 AM

* fingers crossed *   It wasn't the team's fault that the mom got out of control.

Quoting mom-o-7:

I want to, but my husband doesn't.  He has the final say, but i'm hoping he will come around after he cools down some.  My son loves baseball!!

Quoting Bmat:

Yes, you should still participate, and you should show extra support to the coach.

mom-o-7
by on May. 11, 2013 at 11:56 AM

Thank you!  Unfortunately the assistant coach and his girlfriend were yelling at the coach before the parent slapped him, so there are other issues too, not just this one incident.  But this is the first assault. 

Quoting Bmat:

* fingers crossed *   It wasn't the team's fault that the mom got out of control.

Quoting mom-o-7:

Quoting Bmat:

Bmat
by Barb on May. 11, 2013 at 12:05 PM

Uhoh. It does sound like too much going on with that team. :( 

Quoting mom-o-7:

Thank you!  Unfortunately the assistant coach and his girlfriend were yelling at the coach before the parent slapped him, so there are other issues too, not just this one incident.  But this is the first assault. 

Quoting Bmat:

Quoting mom-o-7:

Quoting Bmat:

mom-o-7
by on May. 11, 2013 at 12:10 PM
1 mom liked this

Yeah, I'm starting to think it might be best not to participate anymore...there is only 2 games left. Not sure, but I'll keep you posted... 

Quoting Bmat:

Uhoh. It does sound like too much going on with that team. :( 

Quoting mom-o-7:

Quoting Bmat:

Quoting mom-o-7:

Quoting Bmat:

zboys
by on May. 11, 2013 at 1:27 PM
1 mom liked this

I'd hate to see your little one not be able to participate because of this situation, especially since he loves baseball.

Mom2Just1
by Mom2boys on May. 11, 2013 at 10:10 PM

I am not shocked.  Parents can be ceazy.

Daisypath Anniversary tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Breastfeeding tickers

purplerobin
by Member on May. 12, 2013 at 4:03 AM
1 mom liked this

I hope she gets slapped right back-with a lawsuit.

Bellmont
by on May. 12, 2013 at 8:52 AM

The coach should press charges if she had no right to hit him. I would not pull my child out if he loves baseball that much. I would make sure that She was not allowed on the field any more this season. Good luck. HUGS 

mjande4
by on May. 12, 2013 at 9:33 AM

It sounds like your league doesn't have very structured policies in place to prevent these types of things.  Parents are crazy, but if a league takes control and doesn't allow this type of stuff then it can be a very enjoyable experience for all. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN