Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Advice for Moms Advice for Moms

A parent slapped the coach today..

Posted by   + Show Post
at my 5 yr old's baseball game this morning! I am livid! I grabbed my son up and left immediately. Yes, there are things about this coach that don't thrill me...but under NO circumstances, do you slap a coach in front of the kids!! OR scream and yell and argue in front of them! And this is a christian league!! This is how christians get a bad name! I am pondering on what to do now...should we still participate? I think this mother owes all of the kids an apology!
by on May. 11, 2013 at 9:49 AM
Replies (21-30):
jabs54
by Platinum Member on May. 12, 2013 at 9:46 AM

Wow.  I hope she's banned from the games!

Basherte
by Bronze Member on May. 12, 2013 at 10:13 AM

Why would you take your son out of the game because another parent behaved badly?

That doesn't make sense to me.

CafeMom Tickers
mom-o-7
by on May. 12, 2013 at 2:01 PM

If they don't ban this psycho woman from the ball field, we don't want our child around her...and if the league thinks it's ok, we sure aren't going to be a part of it!

Quoting Basherte:

Why would you take your son out of the game because another parent behaved badly?

Basherte
by Bronze Member on May. 12, 2013 at 3:44 PM

From what I saw of the post. All she did was slap the coach. How is that being psycho? If you really wanna see psycho, read the news, look at Boston with the person that blew up people. Or the people that kill children. Those people are psycho.

Quoting mom-o-7:

If they don't ban this psycho woman from the ball field, we don't want our child around her...and if the league thinks it's ok, we sure aren't going to be a part of it!

Quoting Basherte:

CafeMom Tickers
mom-o-7
by on May. 12, 2013 at 4:37 PM

I classify those people as being sick, evil people who desperately need help, any mom who feels entitles to slap a coach in front of a whole team of children is psycho.  If she acts that way in public, you can only imagine what it's like at home.  You are entitled to your opinion and so am I.  We keep our children away from violence if we can help it.

Quoting Basherte:

From what I saw of the post. All she did was slap the coach. How is that being psycho? If you really wanna see psycho, read the news, look at Boston with the person that blew up people. Or the people that kill children. Those people are psycho.

Quoting mom-o-7:

Quoting Basherte:

Basherte
by Bronze Member on May. 12, 2013 at 4:43 PM

So do I.

I think you need to look up the meaning of the word psycho, though. I don't have a problem with you doing whatever you feel is best for you child. I'm sure you feel the same towards me, but please use words correctly.

This is how we have teens throwing the word rape around like it's a good thing, and calling people retarded because they don't like the person. Words have meanings for a reason.

Quoting mom-o-7:

I classify those people as being sick, evil people who desperately need help, any mom who feels entitles to slap a coach in front of a whole team of children is psycho.  If she acts that way in public, you can only imagine what it's like at home.  You are entitled to your opinion and so am I.  We keep our children away from violence if we can help it.

Quoting Basherte:

Quoting mom-o-7:

Quoting Basherte:

CafeMom Tickers
mom-o-7
by on May. 12, 2013 at 5:00 PM

Psychopathy (/sˈkɒpəθi/[1]) is a personality disorder identified by characteristics such as a lack of empathy and remorse, criminality, antisocial behavior, egocentricity, superficial charm, manipulativeness, irresponsibility, impulsivity, and a parasitic lifestyle.[2] As a diagnostic category in the Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders, psychopathy has been replaced by antisocial personality disorder (ASPD).[2]                    

Fits psycho mom perfectly! 

Quoting Basherte:

So do I.

I think you need to look up the meaning of the word psycho, though. I don't have a problem with you doing whatever you feel is best for you child. I'm sure you feel the same towards me, but please use words correctly.

This is how we have teens throwing the word rape around like it's a good thing, and calling people retarded because they don't like the person. Words have meanings for a reason.

Quoting mom-o-7:

Quoting Basherte:

Quoting mom-o-7:

Quoting Basherte:

AM-BRAT
by Amber on May. 12, 2013 at 5:24 PM
Wow crazy!

I would stay on, but have a long talk with your kids on what's appropriate.
texassahm
by on May. 12, 2013 at 5:57 PM

Wow.  A MOM slapped him?  What was the antecedant?...What did he do or say right before she slapped him?  

dtm1491
by on May. 12, 2013 at 6:08 PM

I would still participate. I am assuming that the league has codes of behavior that have to be followed and she can be banned.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)