Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Advice for Moms Advice for Moms

Two way Mirrors

Posted by on May. 11, 2013 at 7:41 PM
  • 9 Replies

Well ya learn something new everyday
Interesting!!
~Sky
SHARE THIS LADIES!!!!!

I didn't know this, but i sure will remember it now
How can you tell when you are in a room, restroom, motel etc. with a mirror or a 2-way glass?

Here's how: I thought it was quite interesting! And I know in about 30 seconds you're going to do what I did and find the nearest mirror.

Do you know how to determine if a mirror is 2-way or not? A policewoman who travels all over the US and gives seminars and techniques for businesswomen passed this on.

When we visit toilets, bathrooms, hotel rooms, changing rooms, etc., how many of you know for sure that the seemingly ordinary mirror hanging on the wall is a real mirror, or actually a 2-way mirror (i.e., they can see you, but you can't see them)? There have been many cases of people installing 2-way mirrors in female changing rooms . It is very difficult to positively identify the surface by looking at it.

So, how do we determine with any amount of certainty what type of mirror we are looking at?

TWO WAY GLASS IMAGE MIRROR IMAGE

Just conduct this simple test: Place the tip of your fingernail against the reflective surface and if there is a GAP between your fingernail and the image of the nail, then it is GENUINE mirror. However, if your fingernail DIRECTLY TOUCHES the image of your nail, then BEWARE! IT IS A 2-WAY MIRROR!

"No Space, Leave the Place" So remember, every time you see a mirror, do the "fingernail test." It doesn't cost you anything.

REMEMBER. No Space, Leave the Place:

Ladies: Share this with your girlfriends, sisters, daughters, etc.

Men: Share this with your wives, daughters, daughters-in-law, mothers, girlfriends and/or friends.

by on May. 11, 2013 at 7:41 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
atlmom2
by Ruby Member on May. 11, 2013 at 7:52 PM
Changing rooms are all 2 way mirrors, I thought. Too many people steal.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
frndlyfn
by Platinum Member on May. 11, 2013 at 8:18 PM

This is false according to snopes ........... http://www.snopes.com/crime/warnings/mirror.asp

RutterMama
by on May. 11, 2013 at 8:28 PM
this would be a gross invasion of privacy.

Quoting atlmom2:

celestegood
by Bronze Member on May. 11, 2013 at 8:29 PM
I thought that was false?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
atlmom2
by Ruby Member on May. 11, 2013 at 8:36 PM
It happens everywhere.

Quoting RutterMama:

Quoting atlmom2:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MinglingMom
by Member on May. 11, 2013 at 9:58 PM
I just don't use changing rooms. I buy it, go home, and if I don't like it or it doesn't fit, I return/exchange it.
RutterMama
by on May. 12, 2013 at 11:10 PM

I've never ever heard of that. I've worked in many different retail establishments, 3 as managment. Fitting room mirrors are very rarely on an exterior wall, meaning they are back to back with another fitting room - with a mirror on the same wall - that is *not* two way.

Quoting atlmom2:

It happens everywhere.

Quoting RutterMama:

Quoting atlmom2:

alexis_06
by AnnaLisa on May. 13, 2013 at 12:10 AM

i've never heard of changing rooms allowed to be able to do that! thats just wrong!   i think if that was the case there would be more youtube videos or videos being on the news about companys doing this..it's a total invasion of privacy!

ceciliam
by Cecilia on May. 13, 2013 at 10:46 AM

Interesting but not something I really worry about. I rarely use public restrooms or dressing rooms.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN