Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Advice for Moms Advice for Moms

He didn't say happy Mother's Day or even..

Posted by on May. 12, 2013 at 6:46 PM
  • 26 Replies

My son is 8 months so this is my 1st Mother's Day!! Last year my husband went all out for me dinner cards and gifts... This year he didn't even say happy Mother's Day and when I asked why he said its everyday!!! I was so hurt he didn't even get me a card from our son... He said he was taking me to dinner but cancelled because I pissed him off!! He said he was gonna tell me during dinner!! You couldn't say it when we woke up,,, Ladies am I wrong for being upset I've been crying all day but I had to get myself together b/c my son needs me.. 

by on May. 12, 2013 at 6:46 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Newmom.com12
by on May. 12, 2013 at 6:54 PM

BUMP!

alexis_06
by AnnaLisa on May. 12, 2013 at 6:58 PM

i think that was a bullshit excuse to wait to say it at dinner!! come on!!! ya say it right when ya see them ,first thing in the morning!! i would be upset too!

heck i'm kinda sad cuz my 9yr old KNOWS that it's mothers day, she's known for a looooong time, but still hasn't said it to me...we went out with my mom, and i said happy mothers day to her, and then my daughter said "happy mothers day grandma" but yet still hasnt said it to me..it hurts!!

AngelicMommy_72
by Bronze Member on May. 12, 2013 at 7:04 PM
Hugs! he's being a weirdo.
Newmom.com12
by on May. 12, 2013 at 7:10 PM

Thnx ladies it really does hurt... I feel like a happy Mother's Day isn't hard at all wait until Father's Day I'm big on holidays and he use to be I guess he's changing or seeing someone else last year I got sandals pandora dinner and cards and was pregnant this yr I get his behind

Newmom.com12
by on May. 12, 2013 at 7:11 PM

I would be. Hurt too... It's every where u go e en if u forget others would say we are overreacting but I don't think so

Quoting alexis_06:

i think that was a bullshit excuse to wait to say it at dinner!! come on!!! ya say it right when ya see them ,first thing in the morning!! i would be upset too!

heck i'm kinda sad cuz my 9yr old KNOWS that it's mothers day, she's known for a looooong time, but still hasn't said it to me...we went out with my mom, and i said happy mothers day to her, and then my daughter said "happy mothers day grandma" but yet still hasnt said it to me..it hurts!!

coleysmama
by Member on May. 12, 2013 at 7:12 PM

Big Hugs to you!!

Happy Mother's Day!!

Newmom.com12
by on May. 12, 2013 at 7:19 PM

Thank you!' Same to you!!

Quoting coleysmama:

Big Hugs to you!!

Happy Mother's Day!!

moroccanmommy
by on May. 12, 2013 at 7:26 PM
1 mom liked this
Why would you allow that to control your whole day? You want someone to do something on there own and not because they have to.
Instead of pouting.....let him know what mothers day means to you. Men (most) are clueless..and dont give a shit about fathers day either.
My dh worked today. I gardened...swam...and spent tine with kids.
He didnt buy me a card..he called.....dd brought flowers..and i dont care for material things....he is a great hubby and knows im a great mom...he tells me often...mothers day is just comericalized. .
Sry your day sucks..dont let things have power over you.
Newmom.com12
by on May. 12, 2013 at 7:30 PM

My feelings were just hurt I guess I expected too much I just wanted to be acknowledged I got over it a little I'm home with my son did some cleaning and just enjoying him a card from my son woulda made me happy but he said it just another day..I told him how I felt he got mad at me and now he isn't talking me he can be so childish at times... I know what to expect from now on

Quoting moroccanmommy:

Why would you allow that to control your whole day? You want someone to do something on there own and not because they have to.
Instead of pouting.....let him know what mothers day means to you. Men (most) are clueless..and dont give a shit about fathers day either.
My dh worked today. I gardened...swam...and spent tine with kids.
He didnt buy me a card..he called.....dd brought flowers..and i dont care for material things....he is a great hubby and knows im a great mom...he tells me often...mothers day is just comericalized. .
Sry your day sucks..dont let things have power over you.

Newmom.com12
by on May. 12, 2013 at 7:38 PM

BUMP!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN