Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Advice for Moms Advice for Moms

Cries at the sight of food.

Posted by   + Show Post
My 18m son has had no appitite in three days. I can't get him to eat anything. I'm not pushing eating im just letting him eat what he is willing to eat. He does have RSV/bronchitis according to dr he saw yesterday. So we have him on antibiotic. Should I get him some pedia sure just to make sure he is getting some nutrition? It just worries me he won't eat. I even put his favorite foods infront of him. But no luck.... He rather drink his milk/juice.
by on May. 12, 2013 at 9:25 PM
Replies (11-16):
frndlyfn
by Platinum Member on May. 13, 2013 at 11:35 PM

yay  I bet he thought that was the coolest treat for him and doesnt realize the healthy values.

Quoting Femommy:

He ate a few Cheerios this morning. But I just give him a strawberry banana smoothie and he is loving it. :)

Perle1
by on May. 13, 2013 at 11:49 PM

I'm a doctor and I agree with the other moms that you just need to keep your baby well hydrated and not worry too much about the food. Glad he is loving his smoothie. The milk thing is due to the effects of a GI virus. Sometimes viral diarrhea causes the healthy bacteria and some of your own bodies enzymes that process dairy to be washed away. Then when you consume dairy you are less able to process it and more diarrhea can result. So unless your baby has already been having diarrhea, you should be able to add yogurt to the smoothie. If there's been some diarrhea, you might wait just a bit. 24-48 hours should be plenty. If your baby stops drinking you should go to the ER.

Bmat
by Barb on May. 14, 2013 at 8:48 AM

How is he today?

othermom
by Silver Member on May. 14, 2013 at 9:10 AM

I would mainly worry about his drinking enough. My kids have done that when sick and they rarely ate much. I occasionally allowed pudding at breakfast just to get them to eat a little something. Also smoothies, popsicles and stuff.

Femommy
by Bronze Member on May. 15, 2013 at 8:29 PM
Quoting Bmat:

How is he today?

He is doing much better today. Yesterday about the only thing I could get him to eat was animal cookies. But this morning he woke up totally different. Gave me a hard time with oatmeal this morning but he ate it all. Had a few raspberries. For lunch he had ham, cheese cubes, and blueberries. He didn't eat the blueberries. For supper he had mash potatoes, corn, and pork chop. He ate probably half of what I give him. Still has nasty cough but fever is gone and don't think his throat is sore anymore. He spelt a lot yesterday too. So maybe he just slept off some of his sickness. :). Throught all this I never had a problem getting him to drink which I'm very surprised from the way he acted
Bmat
by Barb on May. 15, 2013 at 9:28 PM

Phew! This is such good news! It sounds as though he is feeling much better!

Quoting Femommy:

Quoting Bmat:

How is he today?

He is doing much better today. Yesterday about the only thing I could get him to eat was animal cookies. But this morning he woke up totally different. Gave me a hard time with oatmeal this morning but he ate it all. Had a few raspberries. For lunch he had ham, cheese cubes, and blueberries. He didn't eat the blueberries. For supper he had mash potatoes, corn, and pork chop. He ate probably half of what I give him. Still has nasty cough but fever is gone and don't think his throat is sore anymore. He spelt a lot yesterday too. So maybe he just slept off some of his sickness. :). Throught all this I never had a problem getting him to drink which I'm very surprised from the way he acted

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN