Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Advice for Moms Advice for Moms

He's talking kids

Posted by on May. 13, 2013 at 12:52 AM
  • 8 Replies

So me and the bf have been doing pretty great never in my life did we ever think we would ever get together. So we been together for awhile now and one night I stayed the night and we were just laying in bed talking about life and just listening to music. & out of no where he tells me he wants to have kids. I didn't know what to say. I was choked up on words. Yes I want kids but to me I think its still too soon for me since I miscarried. He understands that as we talked it out. I'm still young I want to be able to provide for this child. I do want kids but I'm still not ready yet. I love the fact that he wants to start a little family though. What do I do??

by on May. 13, 2013 at 12:52 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
catngabsmom
by Bronze Member on May. 13, 2013 at 12:55 AM
1 mom liked this
If you both know it is something you want, when the time is right it will happen. If you are not ready yet, be honest and tell him.
AM-BRAT
by Amber on May. 13, 2013 at 6:25 AM

Quoting catngabsmom:

If you both know it is something you want, when the time is right it will happen. If you are not ready yet, be honest and tell him.

Kris_PBG
by on May. 13, 2013 at 6:29 AM
1 mom liked this
What do you do???

Wait until you are emotionally, financially, and in a highly stable situation before bringing children into your relationship.

Working on your relationship and getting married prior to kids would also not be a crazy thought...
atlmom2
by Ruby Member on May. 13, 2013 at 7:14 AM
This.

Quoting Kris_PBG:

What do you do???

Wait until you are emotionally, financially, and in a highly stable situation before bringing children into your relationship.

Working on your relationship and getting married prior to kids would also not be a crazy thought...

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jojo_star
by on May. 13, 2013 at 8:40 AM

Wait until YOU are ready, and until you both are in a situation where you can afford having children, and where your relationship is a bit more solid.

CLEKate
by on May. 13, 2013 at 9:05 AM
1 mom liked this

My advice...

Have a discussion with him NOW about what you want from things.  It is OK for you to be in different places now, assuming you are both willing to stick it out until you are in the same place with things.

Then, firm up your committment with your BF.  "been together for a while now" is totally different from being in a committed, long term relationship.  You need to ensure your relationship is set before bringing a child into the situation.

kris0921
by on May. 13, 2013 at 7:48 PM
You should be as mentally prepared for a child as possible. Honestly I wasnt when I got my first positive test, but it was a short pregnancy I miscarried. I knew I was ready when I changed my life around. My ex was abusive, and when my DH and I started dating I knew that was it, I wanted a family. Also there is no right time for a baby ever. You are ready when you are ready and thats just that. Good luck to you, I am sorry for your loss.
Lvlyskittles
by on May. 17, 2013 at 1:40 AM

Sorry ladies for the late reply. But thank you all for the advice. I did talk to him about it and we are both on the same page & we are going to wait & see where our future leads to before even thinking about having lil ones. But we also talked about if I do get prego before I think I am ready. Im glad me and him were able to talk through all his and end up on the same page (:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN