I'm looking to make some changes in my life and want to be very specific when discussing with DH. What things do you do to keep happy and sane?
* I need 1.5 hours tomyself 3 days per week to swim/run/go to the gym
* I need 4 hours per week to engage in my favorite hobby
* I need one evening per month to go out with my friends
* DH does the dishes because I do all the cooking (or whatever other chores DH might pitch in)
* I have a babysitter once/month so I can go run errands without help from toddler/baby
* Grandparents take the kids one night/month
* My kids are in daycare 10 hours/day while I work/commute
* I like to read an hour/day and am part of a book club
* I spend hours on cafemom whenever my kids are napping and that keeps me sane :)
I personally work full time from home while juggling my 2 little ones but I think everyone would have interesting ideas whether you work outside the home or not. What keeps you happy?
EDIT: I should clarify that the above are just ideas that I've heard from other people. I thought it might get the ball rolling. :) It seems like it might have confused people though-- those aren't all things I've done! :) I personally haven't had even a babysitter since Aug 6 when I was trying to get a few more focused hours of work done but I could still be available for breastfeeding and such and my kids could still get a lot of attention. (Very long story short, DH told me not to get that sitter again.) Now I need DH to step up (or be ok with us having a sitter) and give me a little bit of time off (even if time off is "time to focus on my full time job when it's not past midnight") or help out with dishes or a meal once per week... something. Just trying to figure out what other mamas do and how you're supported since I bet there are some creative arrangements. In my insanity, I phrased the question poorly. :)