Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Advice for Moms Advice for Moms

Cussing in songs

Posted by on May. 15, 2013 at 12:42 AM
  • 24 Replies
I only listen to country so there for my DD does as well..she's 6. She loves signing along and yes she does say the "bad words" too (which there's not that many) I've told her it's ok if she's singing but not to say the words any other time and she understands that and she knows to NEVER say the words at school even if she's singing. Well we we're out at the store and she starts singing (I don't remember the name of the song) but it had the word damn in it and when she said it this woman looked at me like i was crazy I guess because DD didnt get in trouble for it. Does anyone else let there kids do this or am I the only one lol
by on May. 15, 2013 at 12:42 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
LABELmeCUTE
by Bronze Member on May. 15, 2013 at 1:30 AM
I only listen to r&b,rap,& Hiphop they have some pretty nasty words soo I make sure I buy the clean version for my kids,& I'm the only one who is allowed to load music on their iPods..... I would never allow my girls to curse, it's not cute
sissy502
by Member on May. 15, 2013 at 1:43 AM
1 mom liked this

No I don't. My paents brought me up saying "beep" when there was a bad word in a song, I've kinda done the same with my kids.

But we mostly only listen to christian music anyway.

alexis_06
by AnnaLisa on May. 15, 2013 at 3:17 AM

my daughter is 9, so she knows what words she's not allowed to say, and MOST of the time she wont (even in the songs) but she was singin to WILL.I.AM's "scream and shout" song the other day and britney spears is in it as well and britney says "it's britney bitch" or something along those lines so my daughter sang that not realizing it...it was kinda funny...

same as last year when lmfao's "sexy and i know it" was popular, she wouldnt say the word 'sexy' for some reason...

atlmom2
by Ruby Member on May. 15, 2013 at 7:52 AM
That young, no.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
zacmacsmomm
by Member on May. 15, 2013 at 8:23 AM

My kids learned that they only said the words when the song was being played, not just singing to themselves.  I listened to rock when they were growing up.  Certain songs I would change the station, but outside of that, I never had an issue with it.  My kids knew what "grown up" words were.

cjsmom1
by Silver Member on May. 15, 2013 at 8:27 AM
1 mom liked this
My ds is 8 and he skips over any curses.
Bmat
by Barb on May. 15, 2013 at 8:28 AM

Maybe you could ask her to switch the words when she is singing the songs- there is no reason for her to use the same words if they are cuss words.  Such as... "dumb",  ummm I can't think of others in country music... muck,  or yuck.. but I don't think the actual word is in country music.  Go to "well"

dtm1491
by on May. 15, 2013 at 8:36 AM

I don't. itunes has clean edited versions of almost every song there is. Or Kidz Bops. It's not the end of the world though. If you heard the mouth on my bf's 8 year old...that's a big deal.

heidi749
by on May. 15, 2013 at 8:49 AM

No I do not, and I do have problems with him listening to clean versions of songs on the radio, we live in Quebec, what is vulgar language in English and would be cut out if the song was played on the radio, will not be here. Same with when we are listening to the hosts talk on the French radio stations, they say the word Fuck, and not as in phoque - seal, they are saying FUCK. I have taught him, children do not use swear words , even though adults do, be it a vulger word in a song or not, he does not need to repeat it, it sounds horrid to hear a child use words like that IMO.  The way I feel about children and bad language is, the first time they say a swear word it is funny, after that it has to be corrected and not allowed..

jojo_star
by on May. 15, 2013 at 8:49 AM

My kids are teens, they listen to whatever they want, though thankfully, DH and I taught them right and they have our tastes in musci :D I don't mind them saying the 'bad words'. They know not to say them any other time. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)