Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Advice for Moms Advice for Moms

Table Food?

Posted by on May. 15, 2013 at 11:55 PM
  • 4 Replies
What are the best table foods to feed your child?

Ella Paige<3

by on May. 15, 2013 at 11:55 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
JTE11
by Bronze Member on May. 16, 2013 at 12:04 AM

Well that depends on the child's age but generally speaking the more natural the foods are and the less processed they are is better, fruits, vegetables (of bright or deep colors), lean meats, whole grains, and even some dairy can be good. Stick with the food groups and keep foods in as close to their original form as possible.

---terrah---
by on May. 16, 2013 at 12:05 AM

It depends on their age. But if you're talking about a baby, you can feed them almost anything as long as you put in a blender to mash it and make sure that it's soft. Steamed veggies are great...bananas, avocados, peaches and pears in natural juices, yogurt etc....

mandadbaker
by Member on May. 16, 2013 at 12:39 AM

My daughter just turned one two days ago, she has been eating a few table foods here and there. Today she ate some fish sticks and mac and cheese, she absolutely loved it. I wasn't sure if it was a good idea though.

-Do you all also know anything about how to get her to like and drink out of her sippy cup?

frndlyfn
by Platinum Member on May. 16, 2013 at 12:54 AM
1 mom liked this

At a year old they can eat pretty much what you do perhaps with less seasonings if you like food spicier.   I would put a yummy fruit infused water in the sippy cup  or formula/breast milk.    For infusing water with fruit, you slice up the fruit (we like lemons/limes) and put water over it in a container.  It takes 10-15 minutes for infusion and just leave the water in container until you want to drink it.    Soft table foods would be good if she does not have many teeth even though i have seen a baby with 2 teeth enjoy steak.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)