Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Breakfast Ideas *update*

Posted by   + Show Post

For the past like 2 years DH has worked 2nd shift and refused to eat breakfast. We had the kids on the same schedule so that I also got sleep so for "breakfast" we had a small lunch. Well DH is temp on days for about 6ish months. He was TDY monday and tuesday so he wasnt home. Yesterday and Tody ive had to get up to early for my own good to make a breakfast... yesterday ; steak, eggs, and toast. today; bacon, eggs, and toast.

I want to make a weeks worth of pancakes for the kids on sunday and just seal them so when they are ready to eat i just have to nuke and serve. Im not a morning/breakfast person. I need time to sit and wake up without cooking as i end up hurting myself. I also have a vacuum sealer. 

Id like to maybe make some granola bars that DH can have a mid morning snack. He's allergic to nuts tho so is DS and idk yet about DD. Hes not a big fan of breakfast sausage. Is it possible to precook bacon and vacuum seal it and it still be crispy later? Anything that I can premake like Sunday/Monday for the week would be amazing. 

*edit*

I should add that DH is super picky and wont eat biscuits unless fresh. His mom has given him food poisoning growing up so many times its unreal. Id also like to avoid usin the oven in the morning because it not only defeats the purpose of not getting up super early but it wakes the kids up. Idealy id like something i can cook on the weekend while he's doing homework that i can toss in the fridge or freezer and just nuke in the morning. 

thank you for those who have posted tho, im going to play with a couple ideas soon. dh just ordered me a 10cubic foot freezer chest.

*update*

So i mixed a couple ideas from you ladies....

I sauted some onion, garlic, shredded carrots, 1 bell pepper and cooked until all tender then let cool. Peeled and shredded some potatoes and put them in a greased 8x8 glass pan. Baked the potatoes for 20 minutes. Scrambed 7 eggs, mised in the vegies, and added cheese. I baked it for almost an hour before the egg was all cooked. And better news is that DH loved it. I was able to toss it in the fridge and nuke it this morning and put it on an english muffin. 

in love2007 toddler boy 2008   baby girl2012

by on May. 16, 2013 at 7:06 AM
Replies (11-20):
SWasson
by Member on May. 16, 2013 at 6:36 PM

You can precook a few days' worth of bacon and just put it in a plastic bag in the fridge for light nuking to warm it—no vaccuum-sealing required. I routinely make extra pancakes and throw a few in the fridge, and the rest in the freezer. With a vacuum-sealer, they should keep really well in the freezer. Waffles, too.

want10more
by Member on May. 17, 2013 at 3:21 AM

reheat bacon in toaster oven if u have one.  and OHHHHHHHHHHH i make red lobster bisquits w/ sausage ham eggs chz green peppers onion and wow. they love em. give ya the recipe if u want

lilmama8408
by Silver Member on May. 17, 2013 at 6:20 AM
I cant/won't use my oven in the morning and dh won't eat biscuits unless fresh. I make those biscuits with dinner :D ty tho. We don't have a toaster oven, had one years ago it caught fire and I'm to chicken to get a new one.

Quoting want10more:

reheat bacon in toaster oven if u have one.  and OHHHHHHHHHHH i make red lobster bisquits w/ sausage ham eggs chz green peppers onion and wow. they love em. give ya the recipe if u want

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
stepconfused182
by Kelley on May. 17, 2013 at 12:30 PM

Is there a reason your DH can't just fix a bowl of cereal for himself or scramble some eggs and make toast? If I missed that, then I suggest putting your crockpot to use overnight for breakfast casseroles. There are dozens of recipes out there for that.

lilmama8408
by Silver Member on May. 17, 2013 at 1:21 PM
He can't have milk. and I make coffee and cook while he gets ready for work. His uniform has to be perfect.

I could try the crock pot and toss it in the fridge. I have anxiety about leaving it on over night or if I'm not home.

Quoting stepconfused182:

Is there a reason your DH can't just fix a bowl of cereal for himself or scramble some eggs and make toast? If I missed that, then I suggest putting your crockpot to use overnight for breakfast casseroles. There are dozens of recipes out there for that.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
stepconfused182
by Kelley on May. 17, 2013 at 1:25 PM

That's the whole purpose of the crockpot! :)

Quoting lilmama8408:

He can't have milk. and I make coffee and cook while he gets ready for work. His uniform has to be perfect.

I could try the crock pot and toss it in the fridge. I have anxiety about leaving it on over night or if I'm not home.

Quoting stepconfused182:

lilmama8408
by Silver Member on May. 17, 2013 at 1:35 PM
I know it is but I have bad anxiety over it. I also cannot go to bed or leave if the wash, coffee pot, dryer, or dishwasher is on. I don't leave electronics or lights on. Idk why can't help it tho

Quoting stepconfused182:

Quoting lilmama8408:

Quoting stepconfused182:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
stepconfused182
by Kelley on May. 17, 2013 at 2:56 PM

That's ok. Very understandable. You just want to keep your family safe! If I were you, I would try making my meals in the crockpot during the day for the next day and see how it turns out. I can't imagine it wouldn't be good.

Quoting lilmama8408:

I know it is but I have bad anxiety over it. I also cannot go to bed or leave if the wash, coffee pot, dryer, or dishwasher is on. I don't leave electronics or lights on. Idk why can't help it tho

Quoting stepconfused182:

Quoting lilmama8408:

Quoting stepconfused182:

CameronsMommy23
by on May. 17, 2013 at 4:31 PM
I make crockpot breakfast casseroles. You can put it in before you go to bed and it cooks in about 6 hrs. They're very easy to make. Google crockpot breakfast casseroles. ;)
lilmama8408
by Silver Member on May. 17, 2013 at 5:09 PM
I'm ganna look this weekend. But I cant/won't do over night crock pot. I have severe anxiety over having it on while I sleep or leave the house. So id make it and then put it in the fridge.

Quoting CameronsMommy23:

I make crockpot breakfast casseroles. You can put it in before you go to bed and it cooks in about 6 hrs. They're very easy to make. Google crockpot breakfast casseroles. ;)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured