Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

did i do the right thing

Posted by on May. 16, 2013 at 10:57 AM
  • 28 Replies

I have a question what would you do?

My mom favors my sisters 3 kids then my 2 boys. Wont keep them unless it is an emergency . Buy gifts for my sisters kids all the time. Gives my boys cards at christmas and on their birthdays with just $5in it. And now for the kicker mom has always favoured my sister over me. Now mom tells me that she is making a will and giving her house to my sister and her kids because they dont have a home and i do(my husband works 7days a week for us to have a home)  so i dont need it and i will get nothing. So i told mom not to call until she decides to treat my kids the same and for her to split the house evenly. All i want is for it to be fair

Am i wrong

by on May. 16, 2013 at 10:57 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Mommy2justone
by Mommy2justtwo on May. 16, 2013 at 10:59 AM

I think that is her right to do that. 

ceciliam
by Cecilia on May. 16, 2013 at 11:08 AM
1 mom liked this

I understand that you are hurt but why let some one control your feelings? I would let it go and focus on the things that make you happy in life.

Roo1234
by Bronze Member on May. 16, 2013 at 11:13 AM
1 mom liked this
it is not fair, but you aren't going to change her mind with your choice of action.
mamalynnsmith
by Member on May. 16, 2013 at 11:16 AM

She has choosen to have 3 grandkids instead of 5

RUCRIOUS925
by Member on May. 16, 2013 at 11:17 AM
1 mom liked this

Though I can understand and have empathy for how you feel....she has right  to do as she wishes and behave as she wishes BUT it is up to you with what you will allow and how to go about it moving forward. Parents don't admit it but they do have a favorite perhaps not in the extreme sense you have shared but they do. I mean how can you not like the one who never gives you trouble just a little bit more than the one who does. And i said LIKE i didn't say LOVE. Mother or not, why would you want someone who treats you or your kids poorly? Would you accept that from anyone else? So why is it different because its your mom? Is that house that important to you that you would continue to surround yourself in that negative environment? Life is not FAIR, but life allows you CHOICES. Choose to be happy, have love and peace and walk away. Tell your sister to enjoy the house and your mom, thank her for not giving you her headache, This suggestion may open a new road for you. Best of luck and lots of love to you and yours. :)

jojo_star
by Jojo on May. 16, 2013 at 11:23 AM

It's your mother's house, she can do what she pleases. 

mamalynnsmith
by Member on May. 16, 2013 at 11:24 AM

Mom don't care we have had no contact. She don't even call to check on my boys. It has been almost 4 years now with out her. This all started when my oldest asked me why grandma does not love him. He said i heard her tell steven she loves him she has never told me that. 

mamalynnsmith
by Member on May. 16, 2013 at 11:26 AM

It is more about her treatment of me and my husband and boys then the house. I dont need the money! Just wanted to be treated as equals with my younger sister

momto3B
by Member on May. 16, 2013 at 11:27 AM
1 mom liked this

I think your mother's actions make her feelings for you and your children very clear. It is sad and hurtful but you have to decide if you want her in your life at all regardless of her decision. 

Personally, I would distance myself from someone who would treat my children and I that way. Life is too short to always be treated as less then. 

mamalynnsmith
by Member on May. 16, 2013 at 11:30 AM

We have

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured