Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

can i give him regular milk!

Posted by on May. 16, 2013 at 8:23 PM
  • 39 Replies
My son is 10 months old. I am out of formula for him till tomorrow. I didn't buy him more today because I thought he had enough to last him the night. Witch I would have but his sister woke him up by tripping up the steps.

He won't go back to sleep with out his sippy and he don't want water or his juice. I have 2% milk could I give him a little to help him go back to sleep or is he still to young?

If it is OK to give him should I get it up a little? And should I water it down or give to him as is?

I know you guys arnt doctors I am just looking for some opinions.How old were your kids when they first got milk
by on May. 16, 2013 at 8:23 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
kaylaybaby666
by on May. 16, 2013 at 8:25 PM
Google it or call a doctor
lilmama8408
by Silver Member on May. 16, 2013 at 8:28 PM
My kids are sensative to milk so I wouldn't personally. You may give him a bad tummy ach from it since its new. Usually with milk your supposed to wean down formula and introduce milk.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
AshKerBear2013
by on May. 16, 2013 at 8:29 PM
No they can't have regular milk til 1 yr old. They're tummies can't break it down
emmy526
by Silver Member on May. 16, 2013 at 8:35 PM

had he eaten dairy before with no issues? if so, he can probably tolerate a little milk...try it and see

norahsmommy
by Silver Member on May. 16, 2013 at 8:37 PM
Give him some milk. It will be fine until morning.
aurora.dove
by Bronze Member on May. 16, 2013 at 8:41 PM

Have you tried any dairy before? I started weaning my DS from formula and mixing with regular milk around 10 1/2-11 months and he was fine. If he's had dairy before with no issues I'd say probably okay just water it down a bit.

Aslen
by Silver Member on May. 16, 2013 at 8:42 PM
Not until a year old. Why don't you go now and get some formula?
Mom2Just1
by Mom2boys on May. 16, 2013 at 8:43 PM
1 mom liked this
Not until a year. Go buy some. One more reason why I breastfeed.
akroeget203
by on May. 16, 2013 at 8:48 PM
Yes he eats yogurt all the time

Quoting aurora.dove:

Have you tried any dairy before? I started weaning my DS from formula and mixing with regular milk around 10 1/2-11 months and he was fine. If he's had dairy before with no issues I'd say probably okay just water it down a bit.

aurora.dove
by Bronze Member on May. 16, 2013 at 8:50 PM

I would water it down a bit, and make sure he gets some juice or something tomorrow to keep from getting constipated but should be okay.

Quoting akroeget203:

Yes he eats yogurt all the time

Quoting aurora.dove:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured