Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Advice for Moms Advice for Moms

HELP ME!! (Sick 17 month old)

Posted by on May. 16, 2013 at 8:39 PM
  • 13 Replies

My son has had a runny nose for the past 3 days. I'm talking thick, almost neon green snot. (I was giving him meds for it twice a day, it wouldn't stop) He spiked a fever last night(I gave him meds for that last night, instead of for his nose) and woke up with one bloodshot eye that has oozed the same color puss 3 times today. It's not constantly dripping, but it's like built up eye bugers in there. He's acting normal, so I don't think I need to take him to the ER, but a 24 hour clinic maybe? We have a cat he's been near since birth, but got an outside dog about a month ago. Could he be allergic? HELP PLEASE! NO RUDE COMMENTS, I DON'T KNOW WHAT'S GOING ON WITH MY BABY! 

NOTES: *He's had the meds (for his runny nose & for his fever) before. No reaction to them. 

* My father is allergic to cats, not sure if that's relevant. 

* He's eating like normal, and still feels warm, but no fever.

by on May. 16, 2013 at 8:39 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
dancer
by Member on May. 16, 2013 at 8:41 PM

sounds like a bad sinus infection.  He needs to see a doctor and get antibiotics.

Lindsay4Ambit
by on May. 16, 2013 at 8:44 PM

Thank you! 

Quoting dancer:

sounds like a bad sinus infection.  He needs to see a doctor and get antibiotics.

dancer
by Member on May. 16, 2013 at 8:44 PM
1 mom liked this

I( hope he feels better soon.

Quoting Lindsay4Ambit:

Thank you! 

Quoting dancer:

snowangel1979
by Silver Member on May. 16, 2013 at 8:46 PM
I agree sounds like a bad sinus infection.

If he's been around the cat his whole life, he's probably not allergic. If he was allergic to the dog, you would have noticed a month ago. That doesn't really sound like allergies anyways.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
momof2891
by Member on May. 16, 2013 at 8:48 PM
Sounds like a nasty sinus infection. My youngest gets those every spring and fall and his sinuses will get so clogged that the snot will start coming out of his eyes. He usually needs antibiotics and breathing treatments. I hope he feels better and it could be allergies that cause it. Good luck!!
Lindsay4Ambit
by on May. 16, 2013 at 8:52 PM

Thank you. Going to the Dr tomorrow. He's alseep for the night now.

Quoting snowangel1979:

I agree sounds like a bad sinus infection.

If he's been around the cat his whole life, he's probably not allergic. If he was allergic to the dog, you would have noticed a month ago. That doesn't really sound like allergies anyways.

Lindsay4Ambit
by on May. 16, 2013 at 8:57 PM

That's snot in his eye? EW. Thanks momma. Dr tomorrow! 

Quoting momof2891:

Sounds like a nasty sinus infection. My youngest gets those every spring and fall and his sinuses will get so clogged that the snot will start coming out of his eyes. He usually needs antibiotics and breathing treatments. I hope he feels better and it could be allergies that cause it. Good luck!!

stephs5isenough
by on May. 16, 2013 at 8:59 PM

For a baby,  I would get him to the doc just because I get more nervous with babies.  Just my thoughts.

Click my tag to follow me to:

LIVING IN THE ARMS OF JESUS~

Where we Pray, Play and Learn Together

Lindsay4Ambit
by on May. 16, 2013 at 9:15 PM
1 mom liked this

He's down for the night. We're going to take him in the morning. First thing. 

Quoting stephs5isenough:

For a baby,  I would get him to the doc just because I get more nervous with babies.  Just my thoughts.

momof2891
by Member on May. 16, 2013 at 10:12 PM
Yeah that's what his pedi told me the last time he had the crap. His pedi said that his sinuses get so inflamed and infected that they can't drain properly and the junk has to escape somehow so it goes out through the eye. Totally gross I know! I have had it happen to me before. His eye is probably really irritated and that's why it's red.

Quoting Lindsay4Ambit:

That's snot in his eye? EW. Thanks momma. Dr tomorrow! 

Quoting momof2891:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)