Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Advice for Moms Advice for Moms

He's graduating pre k!

Posted by on May. 17, 2013 at 11:25 AM
  • 9 Replies
My 5 yr old is graduating pre k tonight... At the beginning of the year i got him a little graduation dog, for the kids to sign...but i just realized most of them can't write their name! lol should i just wait till his Kindergarten grad for that? Also, what are some ideas of something special i could give or do for my little graduate?? What did you do for yours? TIA!!
by on May. 17, 2013 at 11:25 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
Bmat
by Barb on May. 17, 2013 at 11:26 AM

LOL That is funny!  How about ice cream. :)

cami.love
by on May. 17, 2013 at 11:33 AM
Lol i wanted to throw him a big grad party hahaha! but im on limited funds atm lol
Bmat
by Barb on May. 17, 2013 at 11:38 AM

He'll probably be just as happy if you take him out for a treat or favorite meal or watch a favorite movie together. 

Quoting cami.love:

Lol i wanted to throw him a big grad party hahaha! but im on limited funds atm lol

SpiritedMom2
by on May. 17, 2013 at 11:54 AM

I would give him a special toy that hes been asking for; or a special treat - like a trip to the zoo.

Saharra
by Bronze Member on May. 17, 2013 at 12:07 PM
Just keep in mind- what do you want to set the precedence for as he finishes each grade? I think time out with just mom going for ice cream and a trip to the park would be fun :)
vegepunkstr
by Bronze Member on May. 17, 2013 at 12:13 PM
My son is graduating pre-k too but Im not planning anything special. They are having a pinic with face painting and a slip and slide and other fun stuff after the ceremony and I think that is good enough.
alexis_06
by AnnaLisa on May. 17, 2013 at 12:15 PM

i didnt do anything for my daughter when she graduated from preschool..and they didnt do anything in kindergarten for it..

dandylynes
by Member on May. 17, 2013 at 12:16 PM

I know this is exciting for you, but keep it small.  Going out for a special treat should suffice.

atlmom2
by Ruby Member on May. 17, 2013 at 12:58 PM
Nothing. Not being mean. We celebrated 8th grade graduations with a school trip and left big celebrations for HS graduations. Things now are so early that kids don't wait for things. Limo's to 8th grade graduations etc. We didn't but some do.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)