Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Working Mom seeks advice!!

Posted by on May. 17, 2013 at 1:16 PM
  • 7 Replies

I am currently working in an office where my efforts are unrewarded as well as unnoticed.  However if I leave to go have lunch with my kiddos at school or use my lunch to pick them up from school instead of having them ride the bus I am chastized about it!!  I have an opportunity to have my own business doing inhome sales which I started last May and was successful with until my husband and I split up and I let the business go.  I am now kicking my self in the bum!!  I want to get this business back up and running as I love the products because of they health factors as well as I feel like I am making a difference in other ppls lives..  Any advice on how to relaunch something like this as I want to be a mom first and foremost before any thing else and I know I can do it with this avenue... and break away from bosszilla!!

shrugging

by on May. 17, 2013 at 1:16 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
LuLuRex
by Bronze Member on May. 17, 2013 at 4:08 PM
1 mom liked this

Being a working mom is definitely a tough struggle. Maybe you should reach out to your previous clients and try to get the ball rolling.

Lindalou907
by Silver Member on May. 17, 2013 at 4:12 PM

Try to do it part time until you are making enough to quit your other job.

CameronsMommy23
by on May. 17, 2013 at 4:13 PM
I agree. How did you start up the first time?

Quoting LuLuRex:

Being a working mom is definitely a tough struggle. Maybe you should reach out to your previous clients and try to get the ball rolling.

stargazerwolf
by Bronze Member on May. 17, 2013 at 4:37 PM

Reconnect with former clients, do you have a website? Wix.com allows you to make a website for free, you do have to pay if you want to actually sell things on the site, but you can give contact info and make a nice website for free. Definitely start working on this when you are home, but continue your current job until you know you can make enough to support you and the kids. Good luck!

Mommyof1_2013
by on May. 17, 2013 at 4:42 PM
1 mom liked this
Call your old clients and tell them you are starting your business again. If it's an in home party business throw your own "relaunch" party. I'm a pure romance consultant and when I signed up I threw a launch party and invited everyone I knew to get my name out there. I'd also keep my full time job until I got my business off the ground. Good luck!!! And if you want you can pm me.
LaughsAlot
by Member on May. 17, 2013 at 5:05 PM

Everyone has given you some great advice, another way to re-launch your business is make lil "I'm Back" gift baskets of some your products for former customers who were great customers & maybe even give out some to other local bussiness owners who would help spread the word...

good luckplease keep us posted on how things go for you!!

ArbonneMom220
by on May. 22, 2013 at 9:32 AM

Hi Ladies!! 

Thank you all for your advice!!  I am so stressed and it helps to see you guys responding..  A friend of mine told me about Cafe Moms and stated she got alot of "backup" when needed..  I am making phone calls and trying to get out of this awful office.. Along with the other two ladies who work here..  Yes it is that bad!!  I have been here for 3 months and I have been here the longest if that tells you anything.  I love you all !!  I will keep you informed!!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured