Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Advice for Moms Advice for Moms

What do you do?

Posted by on May. 17, 2013 at 1:17 PM
  • 9 Replies

For those that don't work.....what do you do during the day when your kids are in school?  I stayed home for a few months and HATED it! I was bored out of my mind! So I went back to school and FT work. I can handle a few weeks but not more than that. BTW, not looking to start a war I am just wondering.

by on May. 17, 2013 at 1:17 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
atlmom2
by Ruby Member on May. 17, 2013 at 1:24 PM
Stayed home 20 years now. Volunteer with 2 non profits. Belong to a women's social group too.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Janis_1975
by on May. 17, 2013 at 2:13 PM

Right now, My kids are homeschooled, they will be going to public school in Sept this year, but I will still have a toddler at home. I have been a sahm for 16 years, I have 6 kids, I do not have time to be bored right now :)  

Chirinos
by Member on May. 17, 2013 at 2:16 PM
I clean, prep food for supper such as cutting veggies ect., run errands, make phone calls both of my boys are special needs, and if I have time I read.
holland0226
by on May. 17, 2013 at 2:46 PM

I go to the gym, volunteer at both my children's schools, do laundry, clean my house, make dinner, grocery shop, run errands for my husband and children if they need stuff. All of this during the school day so I can take my children to their activities after they get out of school.

Osstie
by Silver Member on May. 17, 2013 at 2:49 PM

I am a college student, but when I'm not taking classes and kids are in school, I cook, CLEAN, internet, knit, read, talk on the phone, watch the birds and drink coffee, garden, shop, have lunch with friends or family, babysit, take care of my grandma, volunteer at school........ basically, if I don't have anything I need to do that day, I do whatever the hell I want.

CameronsMommy23
by on May. 17, 2013 at 4:34 PM
I mod here on Cafemom, I play with the kids, take them to the park, run errands, clean, cook, volunteer at my son's school, do laundry, etc.
TylersMom999
by Bronze Member on May. 17, 2013 at 4:42 PM

Run errands, clean, cook, grocery shop, do laundry, sleep when I am tired....I have a special needs child, i take my son to his doctors appointments....I do anything and everything around here....you name it...I do it!  Always something to be done!

LaughsAlot
by Member on May. 17, 2013 at 5:14 PM

sweepingwashing dishesbakinggardeningmowing the lawndancing

I also read, write letters(snailmail), do beading, I make alot of my gifts that I give to family & friends for BD's ect. so I do alot of beading, not traditional NA beading, altho I am learning, but my own jewelry, beaded buckskin hangings, & hoops, I have some pictures of what I've made on my page if you want to see what I mean..I also love to go for drives up to the woods or where ever & take pictures....jack jaws on the phone with family/friendslaughing

alexis_06
by AnnaLisa on May. 17, 2013 at 6:48 PM

i go back to bed  :)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN