Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Tampons

Posted by on May. 19, 2013 at 6:44 PM
  • 63 Replies

So today I ran out of pads. So I go next door to ask my little cousin if she had any & she replied with she does not use pads. I looked at her crazy. When I was her age I didn't use tampons when I had ran out at one point at her age I asked my brother's girlfriend for pads she only had tampons which I tried to use it but was not so comfortable with it & just used toilot paper till my mom came home and bought me some. To me at her age she should not be using tampons but thats just me. What do you ladies think?

by on May. 19, 2013 at 6:44 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Mrs.Missi
by Member on May. 19, 2013 at 6:50 PM
4 moms liked this
I did. I think pads are really disgusting & messy.
casah4
by Member on May. 19, 2013 at 6:51 PM
1 mom liked this
I think if they're comfortable with it, go ahead and use them.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Gabrielle1982
by on May. 19, 2013 at 6:56 PM
1 mom liked this
I don't think it matters really. But how old is she? I started at 15 and wish I started sooner. Pads were really "traumatizing" to me for some reason. It was always a full week of discomfort and paranoia. Everyone is different. I knew a lot of the athletic girls used tampons from the beginning because it was just easier.
illogicalkat
by Bronze Member on May. 19, 2013 at 6:56 PM

I used tampons starting in high school. I hate pads.

conniejo75
by Member on May. 19, 2013 at 6:57 PM
My mom refused to let me use tampons so I would steal them from my aunts. Not my best moment in time but I hated pads and my mom wouldn't listen. She thought it would break my hymen or something. (It didn't)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
sj3starz
by on May. 19, 2013 at 6:58 PM

I used tampons once I found out they existed which was a couple months after getting my period (12 y/o). After bleeding for 3 months straight (years later with hormone issues) and using nothing but tampons I was told never to wear them again. Something about the infection I got and possibly TSS? Anyway, I am no longer comfortable with them. I worry about introducing foreign things into my body since they come from some factory and I don't know where that is or what else is in that place... yick factor. Also, I don't know why but I end up needing to wear a pantyliner or ultrathin pad with it anyway, so it defeats the purpose.

bpryce
by on May. 19, 2013 at 7:07 PM
I started using tampons as soon as i could, which meant after having sex. I hate pads. How old is she?
conniejo75
by Member on May. 19, 2013 at 7:08 PM
I always had to wear a back up pad or liner too. But without tampons, I would bleed through pads and end up with a real mess. I had hormonal issues too.

Quoting sj3starz:

I used tampons once I found out they existed which was a couple months after getting my period (12 y/o). After bleeding for 3 months straight (years later with hormone issues) and using nothing but tampons I was told never to wear them again. Something about the infection I got and possibly TSS? Anyway, I am no longer comfortable with them. I worry about introducing foreign things into my body since they come from some factory and I don't know where that is or what else is in that place... yick factor. Also, I don't know why but I end up needing to wear a pantyliner or ultrathin pad with it anyway, so it defeats the purpose.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
lizard3731
by Member on May. 19, 2013 at 7:09 PM

I've used tampons since my first period when I wanted to go swimming.  I think I was 13.  I used them ever since.  Pads seem messy to me

Lvlyskittles
by on May. 19, 2013 at 7:19 PM

Thats when I started using them which I was older but didn't rely use them. Only used them when I ran out of pads since I was so used to using pads when I was like 10. She's 14. My mom is very old school and never wanted me to use them & I never knew about them till that day I was home alone & had no pads and asked my brother's gilfriend for them but only had tampons.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured