Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Advice for Moms Advice for Moms

advice? should I take the plunge?

Posted by on May. 19, 2013 at 8:41 PM
  • 25 Replies

I've never had super short hair. The shortest it's been is what you see in my avitar. I am seriously considering the pic here. BUT would love advice or opinions.
by on May. 19, 2013 at 8:41 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Perfect.Pixie
by on May. 19, 2013 at 8:42 PM
1 mom liked this
I like the bob. I went from long to a bob and I was pleasantly happy
Bmat
by Barb on May. 19, 2013 at 9:32 PM

The do in the picture is very pretty, I think you'd be beautiful no matter how you did your hair.

charmgirl
by Bronze Member on May. 19, 2013 at 9:34 PM
I can't stand women with short hair. No offense I just don't like it.
Snowl
by on May. 19, 2013 at 9:49 PM
1 mom liked this

Why not give it a shot? If you don't like it then grow it out. I think it would look cute on you.

Saharra
by Bronze Member on May. 19, 2013 at 9:53 PM
2 moms liked this
I loved the bob cut I got awhile back. It's kind of a pain to grow back when you decide to. Just make sure you keep getting trims even though you are growing back to keep te layers looking nice. It's fun to try new hairstyles! Just about every time I go, I tell my hairdresser to do what she wants and to have fun. I've never left unhappy. It does grow back :) Have fun!!
illogicalkat
by Bronze Member on May. 19, 2013 at 11:49 PM

Try it! It's just hair. It will grow back.

crwspringer
by Silver Member on May. 19, 2013 at 11:59 PM
I like it.

Every few years I go short. I like to change things up.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
tabid74
by on May. 20, 2013 at 12:35 AM
Love it. Think it will look super cute on you!
L202M
by on May. 20, 2013 at 9:57 AM
3 moms liked this

You have to have a certain shape face to get away with hair this short and have it look good.  Notice the model has a very long, lean neck.  Her face is also small.  You have an oval face.  I don't think this cut will look good on you at all.  If you really want to test this out, go to a wig store and try one on.

CorpCityGrl
by Bronze Member on May. 20, 2013 at 10:58 AM
1 mom liked this

This!

I don't mean to be mean.  This is a really cute cut on the right person. I had a modified version of it, but it does not look good on everyone.  If you have a long, lean face it doesn't look rigth and oftentimes accentuates the length of your face.  I would try it out with a wig or something first.

Also, it's cute but it's maintenance.  In that, it's a pain to grow out should you choose to do so, so getting it trimmed often is key.

Quoting L202M:

You have to have a certain shape face to get away with hair this short and have it look good.  Notice the model has a very long, lean neck.  Her face is also small.  You have an oval face.  I don't think this cut will look good on you at all.  If you really want to test this out, go to a wig store and try one on.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)