Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Advice for Moms Advice for Moms

About homework and projects

Posted by on May. 20, 2013 at 2:53 AM
  • 0 Replies

When I was in 6th grade I was tired of homework and projects!! So I wrote a letter to my local representative about "outlawing" homework or words to that effect. I mailed the letter then forgot about it. A few weeks later I got a letter back from him! It was handwritten on paper with his name etc. He told me to plan my days and weeks. Settle in to a certain routine and get the work done. He suggested that for big projects to set aside 20 minutes everyday to work on it and it would be done by the due date. I took the letter to school and showed all my teachers and friends. The principal asked for a copy of it too. So as a teacher now I give homework assignments at the beginning of the week. I also have a project for each grading period. One is the yearly science fair-all of my students have to do a science project. Most of them do it in pairs and that is fine with me. I also assign a 3-5 page research paper. These are 8th grade students and for most it is their first one. This was broken down into many steps and took the whole 9 weeks to complete. But he stressed the importance of planning your day and I have that in the back of my mind when assigning or helping with homework. That will be very important to me when I go back to school in August.

by on May. 20, 2013 at 2:53 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)