Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Need some job profile help

Posted by on May. 22, 2013 at 10:51 PM
  • 7 Replies
I'm tryn to sign up for care.com and need to write a little about me profile and not sure what to write.
This is what it tells me/gives an example of what I'm supposed to write:

Be specific in your profile title. It should tell a care seeker exactly what you're looking for in a job.

Samples:

*Experienced Babysitter Available on Weeknights.
*Occasional Sitter with Over 15 years Experience.
*Career Nanny of 13 Years Looking for Full-Time Job.

Can anyone help me on what I should write?? I'm kinda clueless when it comes to this stuff.
by on May. 22, 2013 at 10:51 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
MzShorty787
by on May. 23, 2013 at 4:16 AM
Bump
MzShorty787
by on May. 23, 2013 at 5:30 AM
Bump
zboys
by Member on May. 23, 2013 at 6:32 AM

That's a great site--thanks for the tip!   It's right up my alley.  : )

What kind of experience do you have?  Are you looking to be a nanny or work with the elderly?

MzShorty787
by on May. 23, 2013 at 10:37 AM
Just to babysit, well I practically raised my niece, I've babysat my neighbors kids and I've babysit friends kids and I used to take care of a teen for a while

Quoting zboys:

What kind of experience do you have?  Are you looking to be a nanny or work with the elderly?

zboys
by Member on May. 23, 2013 at 2:39 PM

Write that down.

Quoting MzShorty787:

Just to babysit, well I practically raised my niece, I've babysat my neighbors kids and I've babysit friends kids and I used to take care of a teen for a while

Quoting zboys:

stepconfused182
by Kelley on May. 23, 2013 at 2:52 PM

This is where I hired my babysitter from. I looked for good grammar and maturity through their writing. I wanted to know what specific experience they had babysitting children and if you're a non smoker, definitely add that to your profile because that's always a plus. Write whether you're available all days and hours, and if not, which you're available for. Make sure you add that you have references available (assuming you do) and add your strengths (such as reliability, punctuality, compassion, enthusiasm, etc). If you're knowledgable about healthy eating and like to be active and teach the kids through fun activites, add that in there! Those are all things that were important to me when I was looking through profiles on there. Good luck!

SpiritedMom2
by Bronze Member on May. 23, 2013 at 3:02 PM
1 mom liked this

Just write a little about yourself like:

I'm a 19 year old looking for a full time/part time job as a baby-sitter or nanny. I have a 11 month old child and I will be bringing her with me to work. OR _ I can take care of your child at my home from __ to ____. I will provide healthy snacks and meal. I have so and so years of experience, I love kids and I have experience looking after my sister, cousins etc etc. I will feed, bathe, change diapers, help with the laundry and dishes etc - whatever it is you can provde in terms of services. Why dont you post it here when youre done and I can edit it for you - or inbox it to me.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured