Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Advice for Moms Advice for Moms

Well she packed up and left.

Posted by   + Show Post

Well my daughter has thrown her future away! She packed up and left to move in with boyfriend.! We can't do a whole lot but this is my first time going through this. 17 and it was one month till graduation! She decided to not go anymore. Thankfully her counclor emailed me and said she did slid by to graduate. I went to the graduation but she didn't know I was there. We have called police, nothing we can do because she is of age here. Suggestions and advice PLEASE!

by on May. 23, 2013 at 3:42 PM
Replies (31-33):
anotherandree
by Inga on May. 24, 2013 at 11:12 AM

So, I was that girl.  While I did not run away at 17, I did make some bad choices starting straight out of high school.  I graduated high school and started partying because I was 18 and "free."  I am the one that broke my mom's heart while she could just stand by and watch.  And that is exactly what she did is just stand by and watch.

The truth is that I learn some hard lessons, none of which ended me in jail or pregnant before I wanted to be.  My mother HATES when I say this, but I do not regret any of those decisions because I NEEDED to make them and find my own way.  I needed to find out who I was and I ike who I am and who I have become BECAUSE of those hard lessons.

I just wanted to give you some perspective from someone who (might) have done the same thing as your daughter but lived and thrived to tell about it.

mommyinthe303
by Bronze Member on May. 24, 2013 at 3:05 PM

Thank you SOOO much for this I needed to hear it and I agree I have gotten so much good advice and help here.

Quoting anotherandree:

So, I was that girl.  While I did not run away at 17, I did make some bad choices starting straight out of high school.  I graduated high school and started partying because I was 18 and "free."  I am the one that broke my mom's heart while she could just stand by and watch.  And that is exactly what she did is just stand by and watch.

The truth is that I learn some hard lessons, none of which ended me in jail or pregnant before I wanted to be.  My mother HATES when I say this, but I do not regret any of those decisions because I NEEDED to make them and find my own way.  I needed to find out who I was and I ike who I am and who I have become BECAUSE of those hard lessons.

I just wanted to give you some perspective from someone who (might) have done the same thing as your daughter but lived and thrived to tell about it.

mommyinthe303
by Bronze Member on May. 24, 2013 at 3:07 PM

Thank you to every one that has been supportive I truly appreciate this. I have gotten such great advice and i will take it all in and do what you all suggested. Thank you thank you thank you!!!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)