Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Advice for Moms Advice for Moms

When Do You Workout?

Posted by on May. 23, 2013 at 10:04 PM
  • 25 Replies

If you belong to a gym, how often and what time of day do you go? Do you go by yourself or with your family?

DH and I are having a hard time fitting in gym time into our lives. Before DD was born (16 month ago) I went to the gym 4-5 times a week and stayed quite active. I've put on some weight since she was born and I became a SAHM. With our evening commitments (I work 2 nights a week, and DH has a hobby that meets once every 2 weeks), it's hard to consistently get to the gym after dinner. Plus it doesn't help that DD screams her head off at the gym daycare, so it's hard to workout without constantly worrying about her.

I've thought about working out at home doing videos during nap time. Just wanted to see how other people fit it into their routine! Thanks!!

by on May. 23, 2013 at 10:04 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
lilblu399
by Bronze Member on May. 23, 2013 at 10:09 PM
1 mom liked this
I go to the Y at least 3times a week, plus I walk just about everywhere. I go in the afternoon around 12 and stay until 1:30. We don't own a car so I stopped taking the bus unless I really have to and if I do, get off a stop before and walk it. I also have a bike and a trailer for my kids.
My 2yo is a crier at the gym too, but they have a few windows where parents can look in without the kids seeing, my daughter will cry for a bit but when I check she's fine playing with her brother.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
offrdngal
by Terri on May. 23, 2013 at 10:19 PM
I don't go to a gym. I prefer to do workout dvds at home. I workout 6 days per week. On my days offoff, I workout mid-morning. On days that I work, I workout in the evening.

AM-BRAT
by Amber on May. 23, 2013 at 11:38 PM
I can only wo in the morning. It just works for me.

I use p90x and insanity, whatever I feel that day. I've done full rounds of both and cannot say enough good stuff. All thr beachbody programs are great.

When I was a sahm I was able to wo 6 days a week, hour+.

Now, I work 6p-6a 3 nights a week and am wastef for that time. I generally get 3 good mornings a week to wo. :)

Jillian Michaels is a great starter, short, and affordable.

Baby will get used to the routine. Gl!
alexis_06
by AnnaLisa on May. 24, 2013 at 2:07 AM

when i belonged to a gym i went as soon as i dropped my daughter off at school..so i was there from 845-til at least 1030, some days til 11 if there was zumba :)  mon-fri.

ceciliam
by Cecilia on May. 24, 2013 at 9:46 AM

We have a gym in our home, plus a good amount of fitness DVD's, so I work-out from home. I usually fit it in mid-day but sometimes I work-out at night. I've never been a morning fitness person but on the weekends, during the Summer, my husband, son and I go to our local park and do a martial arts circuit training type, work-out. It's fun and something we enjoy as a family.

ashley9603
by on May. 24, 2013 at 11:13 AM

On the days I cant get outside with the kids(twin toddlers)I workout in the mornings while the boys nap/free play.I have a treadmill and weights that I use.If getting out is hard for you,work out at home.You dont have to have fancy equipment to get in shape.I lost 70 plus pounds and have kept it off.I also keep up with three kids.You can do it.

OhhSoDarlingg
by on May. 24, 2013 at 11:15 AM

At home with a active toddler I never have time to stop and just breathe a little! but I try to go as much as I can, even if it's swimming I'm working out! :D

-42-
by Bronze Member on May. 24, 2013 at 11:17 AM
I walk my youngest to school, so i walk about 4 miles then, and I have an elliptical at home I can use whenever. I try to do DVDs every now and again, and I do those when the kids are at school or in bed.

Rosebud333776
by Trish on May. 24, 2013 at 11:36 AM
If you have the motivation to use videos, i think that is a great option. I walk my dogs an average of 4 x per day. That is my exercise routine.
Mom2Just1
by Mom2boys on May. 24, 2013 at 11:47 AM

I work out after the kids go to bed.

Daisypath Anniversary tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Breastfeeding tickers

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN