Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Advice for Moms Advice for Moms

Scentsy warmer **update page 4!

Posted by on May. 23, 2013 at 11:28 PM
  • 39 Replies
Hi ladies! I'm excited to start using a wax warmer thing lol.

Scentsy charges $35 for their warmers.

Walmart is $12-20.

I'm gonna spring for the real cubes from scentsy because I've smelled them at they're that good. And for $5 why not?

I'm also likely gonna get a walmart warmer. Maybe try their cubes too. Idk.

What are your thoughts?
by on May. 23, 2013 at 11:28 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
MrsKaufold1990
by on May. 23, 2013 at 11:32 PM
I prefer walmart.

The only warmer I have from scensty is my psu one.

But I dont like any scentsy smells. They all stink to be honest.

Ill stuck to my two dollar ones from wally world.
MrsAmyLynn83
by Member on May. 23, 2013 at 11:35 PM
1 mom liked this

People will tell you that you HAVE to use the Scentsy warmers for thier wax due to the heat level blah blah blah... You Don't! 

I've used my Hallmark warmer I got for 75% off with my Scentsy cubes, Walmart cubes, homemade cubes bought off eBay.... any and all wax cubes I've found have gone in my wax warmer and they've all worked fine!

Scentsy cubes are awesome! Well worth the money in my opinion. 
Walmart cubes lose thier scent very quickly. Waste of money in my opinion.
Homemade cubes are hit and miss. If you find someone who really knows what they are doing they are awesome and you can get some really great combo scents... but, I've bought from a few people who had no idea what they were doing and the cubes were horrible!

So all in all - find a cheap and cute warmer some where and use Scentsy cubes or find someone who makes them right! 

AM-BRAT
by Amber on May. 23, 2013 at 11:40 PM
Awww lol. I'm willing to try both.

I walked into sil's one day... And it smelled amazing. It was her scentsy. I'm hooked. :)

Quoting MrsKaufold1990:

I prefer walmart.

The only warmer I have from scensty is my psu one.

But I dont like any scentsy smells. They all stink to be honest.

Ill stuck to my two dollar ones from wally world.

AM-BRAT
by Amber on May. 23, 2013 at 11:41 PM
Thanks that's what I was hoping to hear! I get to pick them up tomorrow. Eeeeeee!!

Quoting MrsAmyLynn83:

People will tell you that you HAVE to use the Scentsy warmers for thier wax due to the heat level blah blah blah... You Don't! 

I've used my Hallmark warmer I got for 75% off with my Scentsy cubes, Walmart cubes, homemade cubes bought off eBay.... any and all wax cubes I've found have gone in my wax warmer and they've all worked fine!

Homemade cubes are hit and miss. If you find someone who really knows what they are doing they are awesome and you can get some really great combo scents... but, I've bought from a few people who had no idea what they were doing and the cubes were horrible!

So all in all - find a cheap and cute warmer some where and use Scentsy cubes or find someone who makes them right! 

gwebkeijmmm
by Bronze Member on May. 23, 2013 at 11:42 PM
1 mom liked this

The warmers work the same, theScentcy wax last longer though. 

MrsAmyLynn83
by Member on May. 23, 2013 at 11:43 PM

They stopped making it -but if you can find someone with discontinued Scentsy scents see if they have BOURBON and try it out.... it's AMAZING!!!!! I bought a ton and just recently ran out :(

Quoting AM-BRAT:

Thanks that's what I was hoping to hear! I get to pick them up tomorrow. Eeeeeee!!

Quoting MrsAmyLynn83:

MrsKaufold1990
by on May. 23, 2013 at 11:46 PM
Actually walmart cubes last longer then my moms scensty cubes.

Depends on the brand.

All of mine are better homes. And theyll last weeks on end.

Ive had a strawberry cube in my warmer for a month and its still going strong.

Quoting MrsAmyLynn83:

baquick
by on May. 23, 2013 at 11:48 PM
1 mom liked this
I have 3 scentsy Warmer's and one better homes and garden. I only use the scentsy cubes bc they smell better, last longer, easier to clean out AND they don't leave a weird wax residue in the jar. 1 scentsy warmer is the regular one and 2 are the ones I use in the bathroom. They are basically the same as the better home and garden one that is the normal one I have. I lean toward the scentsy warmer bc I like the designs better.
baquick
by on May. 23, 2013 at 11:48 PM
Also check the clearance section on their webpage. I got one for my mom for $15 lol.
AM-BRAT
by Amber on May. 23, 2013 at 11:50 PM
Thanks i will! So far I like happy birthday.

I'd like to try french toast anything pumpkin or cinnamon. So. Freakin. Excited. Lol

Quoting MrsAmyLynn83:

They stopped making it -but if you can find someone with discontinued Scentsy scents see if they have BOURBON and try it out.... it's AMAZING!!!!! I bought a ton and just recently ran out :(

Quoting AM-BRAT:

Quoting MrsAmyLynn83:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)