Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Tear!!! He cries just because and it drives me to cry!!!

Posted by on May. 24, 2013 at 8:16 AM
  • 26 Replies

My 8 month old cries a lot.. If he's not being held, playing on my iPad or in something he's crying. I can't sit him in his play pen his chair he wakes up crying.. He ha been checked out everything is normal.. Last nigh I cried because I just want him to stop crying all the time... I can't do nothing.. Is there anything I an do to break him out out this....experienced moms help me please.. 

by on May. 24, 2013 at 8:16 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
crystalplus1
by Bronze Member on May. 24, 2013 at 8:21 AM

Some babies are just a bit more needy than others, Try putting on some music for him while your busy, And if your not totally against tv at that age put on a cartoon. If you have netflix they have shows for babies and toddlers. Ds is 2 and likes harry the bunny. has since he was about 9 months old. And you could try a carrier too. I used to wear ds while doing laundry and washing dishes... Good luck!

suetoo
by Bronze Member on May. 24, 2013 at 8:28 AM
1 mom liked this

Don't forget it's perfectly acceptable, at this age, to let them cry for awhile. My dgd is 8 months old, too. Similar crying, and she is teething again. Babes need to start learning to soothe themselves, and crying now is age and developmentally appropriate. :-) Hang tough! I check to make sure she's ok, and offer a toy and try not to listen. :~{

Newmom.com12
by on May. 24, 2013 at 8:43 AM

He loves Mickey Mouse but only for a little while he likes to roam around or be held... He just got like this and I'm not sure why maybe it's a phase or he may be teething but thnx I will try tv while I'm busy and see if he can stay put or occupy himself with the toys In the pen with him

Quoting crystalplus1:

Some babies are just a bit more needy than others, Try putting on some music for him while your busy, And if your not totally against tv at that age put on a cartoon. If you have netflix they have shows for babies and toddlers. Ds is 2 and likes harry the bunny. has since he was about 9 months old. And you could try a carrier too. I used to wear ds while doing laundry and washing dishes... Good luck!

Newmom.com12
by on May. 24, 2013 at 8:46 AM

I let him cry and he gets louder and starts chocking turning red then he makes me cry lol... He could be teething but the crying makes me wanna cry and I only put him down for about 10 mins... He likes to be free but I have things to do last night got to me I let him cr and when Dh came home I went and cried in the bathroom

Quoting suetoo:

Don't forget it's perfectly acceptable, at this age, to let them cry for awhile. My dgd is 8 months old, too. Similar crying, and she is teething again. Babes need to start learning to soothe themselves, and crying now is age and developmentally appropriate. :-) Hang tough! I check to make sure she's ok, and offer a toy and try not to listen. :~{

Newmom.com12
by on May. 24, 2013 at 8:48 AM

BUMP!

Mistygirl
by on May. 24, 2013 at 8:50 AM

I feel for ya, I know it sucks but sometime you should put him in a safe spot like the crib in his room and close the door and let him cry it out. He needs to know that mommy is not going to stand for those quick to tears over everything moments. It will bring relief t both you and baby to nip this in the bud. Sorry your dealing with this, good luck to you.

jackiewal10
by Gold Member on May. 24, 2013 at 8:52 AM

He's at the separation anxiety age.  Starts around 7 months old usually.  It's just a phase.  The worst thing you can do is put him down, walk away, and let him cry.  The phase will last longer.  He NEEDS assurance that you're always going to be there.  Get a soft carrier, like a Mei Tai and wear him.

crystalplus1
by Bronze Member on May. 24, 2013 at 8:57 AM

What about if you made 1 room baby proof? I was never able to do this because we lived with my MIL for a while. But when we moved he was 20 months old, We baby proofed 1 room and when im busy he will play in there when i put up the gate. I never really let him cry it out. I just kinda figured i want comfort when i cry, so would my baby. Hes 2 and other than some clingy days every now and then hes just fine. Have you tried teething tabs? I have also heard good things about Baltic amber.

Quoting Newmom.com12:

I let him cry and he gets louder and starts chocking turning red then he makes me cry lol... He could be teething but the crying makes me wanna cry and I only put him down for about 10 mins... He likes to be free but I have things to do last night got to me I let him cr and when Dh came home I went and cried in the bathroom

Quoting suetoo:

budgie1117
by on May. 24, 2013 at 9:47 AM
{{{HUGS}}}
Oh, sweetie, I know it's so hard!! If it were my baby (which I've had kids on both ends of the spectrum, from totally chill and content to HIGH maintenance!) I would start a strict scheduled routine during the day. Wake up, eat breakfast, play together with blocks, trucks, whatever. Pick something interactive for the both of you. Then, maybe while he's playing take 10 minutes (since that's what you said he can handle) and throw in a load of laundry, sweep a floor, whatever. Short, quick chores done in those 10 minutes. Then come back, hugs, kisses, on to a new activity (maybe outside time), come in, snack, story, then maybe a nap. Continue this through the day and insert meals, snacks, naps, bottles/nursing, according to whatever works for you two. He could be like my youngest son and is very smart and wants constant stimulation. Take it one day at a time. He will be fine and so will you. If you can nail down some kind of routine, he will become very secure in that and hopefully will come out of this crabby-ness. He could be teething, mine all started around that age. My sis-in-law swears that those amber necklaces work wonders, but I've never tried them. Cold wash cloths to chew on always helped my babies. Good luck! He won't be like this forever, I assure you.
mamaslilpunkin
by Bronze Member on May. 24, 2013 at 9:54 AM

Some babies are just needier than others.When my dd was under a year old,if I wasn't in her face holding her constantly,she would fuss/whine/cry.They also start getting seperation anxiety around this age.They think that if you walk 2 feet away from them,you're leaving.I used to put dd in a walker with some little toys and just drag her to whatever room I was in.She fussed from time to time but I didn't constantly rescue her.I would distract her with toys,music,singing,just talk to her about whatever I was doing,gave her some cheerios.We made it through.I also didn't plop her in front of the tv ever at that age.I really don't think its valuable to their learning at this age,but thats just me. And sometimes its a good thing to just let housework slide a bit and just sit and snuggle with your baby.This time is gonna fly and you'll want it back one day,trust me!! :)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)