Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Who was on the pill and got pregnant anyways?

Posted by on May. 24, 2013 at 5:36 PM
  • 7 Replies

Did you miss a dose, forgot to take it? Tell me your story and were you surprised!?

by on May. 24, 2013 at 5:36 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
jojo_star
by on May. 24, 2013 at 5:40 PM
1 mom liked this

I'm pregnant, and I was on the pill. I've been working a huge amount of over time, and I guess I forgot to take one, or my body is more sensitive to having to take it exactly on time than I realized. Yes, I was very surprised, and not pleasantly. 

sfigu16
by Member on May. 24, 2013 at 5:52 PM

awe! haha i am so afraid of the pill ! i try to take it at the same time everytime but i sometimes forget!

Quoting jojo_star:

I'm pregnant, and I was on the pill. I've been working a huge amount of over time, and I guess I forgot to take one, or my body is more sensitive to having to take it exactly on time than I realized. Yes, I was very surprised, and not pleasantly. 

jewelfroggee
by Member on May. 24, 2013 at 5:56 PM

I don't use bc but my mom got pregnant while on the pill. She missed 2 pills and that's how it happened.

luvemboth
by on May. 24, 2013 at 5:59 PM
My friend did, but that's because she was on antibiotics and she was never told it makes the pill useless while you're on the antibiotics.

I'm too forgetful to even think about that form of bc, lol.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
sfigu16
by Member on May. 24, 2013 at 6:01 PM

What do you use? if you dont mind me asking because i want off this damn thing! i am always soo sick!

Quoting jewelfroggee:

I don't use bc but my mom got pregnant while on the pill. She missed 2 pills and that's how it happened.

jewelfroggee
by Member on May. 24, 2013 at 6:43 PM

I don't use anything its practically impossible for me to get pregnant so I've never needed to use any form of bc. Sorry I'm no help hope you can find what is best for you soon.

Quoting sfigu16:

What do you use? if you dont mind me asking because i want off this damn thing! i am always soo sick!

Quoting jewelfroggee:

jojo_star
by on May. 24, 2013 at 7:18 PM

I used it for 6 years with no side effects, and no pregnancy, then my schedule blew up. I'm an RN, usually I work days, but since we are short, I've been working more than 12 hours sometimes, and not just days. There were a few all nights, and then split shifts (from noon to midnight, 3 to 3, that sort of thing) and with that, there were a few times I'd take my pill 12 hours late, give or take a few hours, and I guess that was enough, because every test I've taken is positive. I also got to find out, not by a missed period, but by ending up in the ER after a car wreck. Let me tell you, that was a fun day. 

Quoting sfigu16:

awe! haha i am so afraid of the pill ! i try to take it at the same time everytime but i sometimes forget!

Quoting jojo_star:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)