Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Would you let your 11 year old dd....

Posted by on May. 24, 2013 at 9:34 PM
  • 23 Replies

have the tips of her hair dyed a bright color?

by on May. 24, 2013 at 9:34 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
frndlyfn
by Platinum Member on May. 24, 2013 at 9:37 PM

For summer I do not see why not.  What is her natural color and what color does she want?

MrsKaufold1990
by on May. 24, 2013 at 9:38 PM
Yup I would.
abc799
by on May. 24, 2013 at 9:40 PM
it's brown. she wants hot pink. are a lot of girls doing this now? I have never seen it before.
jabs54
by Platinum Member on May. 24, 2013 at 9:44 PM

When my dd wanted to try a red/orange color I let her use the kind that washes out in 15 washings (or something like that).  Permanent hair dye was out of the question.

staci1103
by on May. 24, 2013 at 9:46 PM
Yep seems like the in thing. Ours did an inch strand of blue that washed out.
Quoting abc799:

it's brown. she wants hot pink. are a lot of girls doing this now? I have never seen it before.

abc799
by on May. 24, 2013 at 9:46 PM

Did she have it done at a salon?  I know nothing about hair dye, I have never dyed mine so I am sure I sound a little crazy lol.  Do the salons do some that are temporary? Or do you just get some and do it on your own?

Quoting jabs54:

When my dd wanted to try a red/orange color I let her use the kind that washes out in 15 washings (or something like that).  Permanent hair dye was out of the question.

Basicrose
by on May. 24, 2013 at 9:47 PM
Me? I would say not until 15yrs old. If you start her off early, her hair will be destroyed b4 she turns 18yrs old. Besides, at 11yrs old are you, her mom, sure this is something SHE wants or does she want it b/c all her friends have it done? I started when i was 15 and quite Frankly i wish i didnt. My hair is so fried, i hate it.
jabs54
by Platinum Member on May. 24, 2013 at 9:50 PM

Quoting abc799:

Did she have it done at a salon?  I know nothing about hair dye, I have never dyed mine so I am sure I sound a little crazy lol.  Do the salons do some that are temporary? Or do you just get some and do it on your own?

Quoting jabs54:

I just went to Walgreens.  Just look at the boxes and make sure it isn't permanent. 

JessKahhh
by on May. 24, 2013 at 9:52 PM

You can do both. I prefer doing it myself at home, though. MUCH cheaper. They have permanent hair dye, semi-permanent, demi-permanent and temporary. 

I would let her. It's just hair. Get the temporary stuff and it will wash out. :)

Quoting abc799:

Quoting jabs54:

CafeMom Tickers

CafeMom Tickers

frndlyfn
by Platinum Member on May. 24, 2013 at 9:54 PM

I would go to party city and pick up some colored hair spray that could wash out instead of a dye.  Salons have temporary dye but need to call beforehand to arrange it.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)