Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

HELP! Stop the arguing...

Posted by on May. 24, 2013 at 10:26 PM
  • 18 Replies

I have an issue I need your advice on. I have a 2 year old boy and a 6 year old boy they each have their own room but my 2 year old loves to jump around and just about trash my 6 year olds room whenever he's in there and I get a lot of yelling and screaming on both their parts and my 6 year old constantly yelling "Get out, get out, get out of my room" as my little one runs about throwing everything about. I do step in and pull my 2 year old out and tell him no but he runs right back. I distract that work only for a little while sometimes... I've even had my 6 year old block the door from the inside which saves him from brother but makes me nervous in case of fire or something. Anyone have suggestion on how to handle this situation and so the screaming stops...LOL! please?

by on May. 24, 2013 at 10:26 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
vgmz22
by on May. 24, 2013 at 11:00 PM

BUMP!

frndlyfn
by Platinum Member on May. 24, 2013 at 11:11 PM

Do you have any baby gates you can put in his room?  I am betting part of the allure is that big brother does not want him to go in there.   Time outs seem to be the other way.   Does big brother play with him outside of the room?  Perhaps they can play in the little ones room.   There could be yet another expensive solution and that is buy a door for his room that opens halfway that can be locked on the inside while having the top open so you can see inside.

Mamabear_5
by on May. 24, 2013 at 11:49 PM
1 mom liked this
I'm going through this with my boys 10 and 3. Just brotherly love. Not much you can do. It happens
Mom2Just1
by Mom2boys on May. 24, 2013 at 11:51 PM

IF he messes...he has to clean it.

Daisypath Anniversary tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Breastfeeding tickers

tamarBA
by on May. 25, 2013 at 12:09 AM
2 moms liked this
Let them scream. Spuriously. They have to get along by them self- for their future with others. Also, if you decided to do something - do it all the way. You did half work :) sorry for being direct- my Middle East behavior :)
SewingMamaLele
by Bronze Member on May. 25, 2013 at 12:11 AM

Discipline the 2 year old.  

sarawags
by on May. 25, 2013 at 12:22 AM

Lol, I'm sorry to laugh but you just described my own almost 2 year old little man too!

I though I was the only one - ;)

sarawags
by on May. 25, 2013 at 12:24 AM

Lol, he's two though!  They're not so great at it yet - ;)

Quoting Mom2Just1:

IF he messes...he has to clean it.

vgmz22
by on May. 25, 2013 at 11:24 AM

Half work how so? I'm asking honestly... how would you handle it?

Quoting tamarBA:

Let them scream. Spuriously. They have to get along by them self- for their future with others. Also, if you decided to do something - do it all the way. You did half work :) sorry for being direct- my Middle East behavior :)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)