Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Advice for Moms Advice for Moms

single mom

Posted by on May. 25, 2013 at 3:04 PM
  • 5 Replies
im single mom of 10year old, i recently spanked, and wot a difference in behavior
by on May. 25, 2013 at 3:04 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
Mamamanic
by Gold Member on May. 25, 2013 at 3:28 PM
1 mom liked this

Spanking might be effective if done on a sever offense, but if it is done to often it becomes ineffective. Plus 10yr old is kinda out growing that. Spankings should also come with prior warning. My 9yr old rarely gets a spanking and that is usually because her younger dd 6 and her are being punished for the same crime. They are always told okay last chance, or you get a spanking. I find that consequences relating to choices are more effective. 

amonkeymom
by Silver Member on May. 25, 2013 at 4:14 PM

I've had to resort to spanking before as well, but it's always a last resort and not something I take lightly.  

jojo_star
by on May. 25, 2013 at 4:23 PM

Good for you. I've never spanked, and never will, I have no need to. 

Lindalou907
by Silver Member on May. 25, 2013 at 4:25 PM
1 mom liked this

If that's what it takes, do it. Just remember though, they get bigger than you and you have to have other dicipline techniques that work too.

conniejo75
by Bronze Member on May. 25, 2013 at 4:33 PM
In my child dev class and psych class both advise spanking should be done only on children under 7... after that age it is not effective. At 10 you should be able to reason and explain to a child. They are also at an age to understand actions lead to consequences. Grounding, removing fun activities, etc is more effective
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)