Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Advice for Moms Advice for Moms

Need Help with Survey

Posted by on May. 27, 2013 at 10:31 AM
  • 4 Replies

Hey Everyone, I have a survey for school. You will remain unnamed! This is a survey related to children and their behavior, help me out!

1-Are children's behavior better or worse than they were ten years ago?
2- What has changed in the last ten years to create that result?
3- Why do you think children misbehave?
4-What situations could cause a child's behavior to worsen or get better?
5-Do you think material things affect a child's behavior one way or another (good or bad)?
6- Has parenting style changed in the last ten years? If so, do you think it has gotten better or worse?
7-What do you think the solution is to this?
8- Have our morals & beliefs changed over the last ten years and has that affected our parenting style?
9-Are children's behavior a result of influences? if so, what types of influences?
10-Are your parenting styles different from your family members?

Please help out!! Thanks in advance!

by on May. 27, 2013 at 10:31 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
Reina13
by Bronze Member on May. 27, 2013 at 11:53 AM
1 mom liked this

Hi! 

1-Are children's behavior better or worse than they were ten years ago? I would say worse
2- What has changed in the last ten years to create that result? A sense of entitlement and lack of responsibility for ones actions
3- Why do you think children misbehave? Lack of consequences
4-What situations could cause a child's behavior to worsen or get better? Clear boundaries
5-Do you think material things affect a child's behavior one way or another (good or bad)? Not really
6- Has parenting style changed in the last ten years? If so, do you think it has gotten better or worse? Ithink that parents are more interested in being friends with their children rather than parents.
7-What do you think the solution is to this? Clearly defined parental/child roles
8- Have our morals & beliefs changed over the last ten years and has that affected our parenting style? Im not really sure
9-Are children's behavior a result of influences? if so, what types of influences? I think outside influence can effect a childs behavior,that this why it is the parents responsibility to set rules, boundaries and consequences.
10-Are your parenting styles different from your family members? Not really

bamababe1975
by Gold Member on May. 27, 2013 at 2:23 PM

My answers are in red below.

Quoting capricorn8910:

Hey Everyone, I have a survey for school. You will remain unnamed! This is a survey related to children and their behavior, help me out!

1-Are children's behavior better or worse than they were ten years ago? Worse
2- What has changed in the last ten years to create that result? More stress and demands, less ability to discipline without fear of recrimination, less time to spend with the kids
3- Why do you think children misbehave? To test the limits of what they can and cannot do, to show their unhappiness with a current situation or rule, to be "cool" or fit in with their peers
4-What situations could cause a child's behavior to worsen or get better? anything stressful at home from parents fighting to something more severe like abuse
5-Do you think material things affect a child's behavior one way or another (good or bad)? sure, I think if kids get too many things they may take them for granted and start to feel entitled to whatever they want
6- Has parenting style changed in the last ten years? If so, do you think it has gotten better or worse? sure it has changed for the worse. parents seem less inclined to be strict and have rules and more likely to just let kids do whatever they want
7-What do you think the solution is to this? parents need to understand that their role as a parent is not to be their child's friend or to have their child LIKE them but to teach them rules and boundaries, manners and acceptable behavior, morals and values that will help them be productive, conscientious, kind and compassionate members of society.
8- Have our morals & beliefs changed over the last ten years and has that affected our parenting style? yes, I think there is a lot less God involved in parenting and that's having a negative impact on the whole family unit
9-Are children's behavior a result of influences? if so, what types of influences? sure, they can behave better or worse based on influences from friends, family members, even society as a whole
10-Are your parenting styles different from your family members? yes, I'm much more strict with my children, but allow them freedom where freedom matters, such as, they're required to go to bed by 8:30 every night (it was 8 until this April - they're 12 and 13), but they can dress how they like as long as it doesn't violate the school's dress code or my husband's or my standards of decency

Please help out!! Thanks in advance!

LancesMom
by Gold Member on May. 29, 2013 at 10:55 AM

Hi! Welcome to CafeMom! How old are you kids? Mine is 27 so I notice a big change in everything you have mentioned.

capricorn8910
by on May. 29, 2013 at 12:39 PM
Thank you to the moms who have responded! I still need at least 8 more moms to be able to submit the results to my professor!! Please help me out!!

My kids are 5,4 and 3-- two boys and a girl!
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN