Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Advice for Moms Advice for Moms

How do you get your picky toddler to eat?

Posted by on May. 27, 2013 at 10:46 AM
  • 3 Replies

I have a three year old little girl and she is extreemly pickie. Its gotten so bad that she will wait hours after meal time before she will eat and then only take a few bites. I feel bad because i knoe shes hungry and i have tryied bribing her with destert or bike ride or candy but nothing seems to work.

So how do you get your little one to eat?

by on May. 27, 2013 at 10:46 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
Reina13
by Bronze Member on May. 27, 2013 at 11:58 AM

Hi and welcome.

Do you know why she is a picky eater? Was she introduced to different types of foods? What types of things will she not eat? 

You might also want to check out the toddlers and preschool group.

bamababe1975
by Gold Member on May. 27, 2013 at 2:26 PM

Toddlers often do this because it's an area where they feel they can exert control and they can't really control much else in their lives. To get them to break the picky habit, I offered choices, like, "Do you want carrots or peas? Do you want an apple or a banana?" etc so they were given healthy options that I wanted them to have, but they still got to choose WHICH and that made them feel in control. I also, even at 3, let them have a say in what we had for dinner and got them involved in helping to make it by having them stir or add cheese or whatever simple and safe task they could do to contribute to the meal.

You can find other helpful tips here in this thread:

Picky Eaters

LancesMom
by Gold Member on May. 29, 2013 at 11:22 AM

Shes busy mom! LOL! I wouldn't worry about her not eating. Don't bribe and don't force. If she is losing weight then worry. You may want to be sure to hide important vegies and proteins in what she does eat. (IE add jarred baby food meats to foods. Or mash vegies and hide in her favorites. Give her protein smoothies pr fruit smoothies with greek yogurt and fruit. ETC! ) Good luck!

Enjoy a Coffee Break Chat
with us Every Tuesday!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)