Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Cradle Cap

Posted by on May. 29, 2013 at 3:30 AM
  • 7 Replies

My five week old has some cradle cap, and while I was breastfeeding him I was gently trying to brush it off with a toothbrush.  Some of his hair accidentally came off on the toothbrush...is this normal and is there a better way to try and get rid of the cradle cap?

by on May. 29, 2013 at 3:30 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
mommy_me13
by on May. 29, 2013 at 3:41 AM
my son is 10 weeks and his has cradle cap the Dr. told me to wash his hair everyday and use baby oil! it will eventually go away on its own......its just dry scalp
motamaid
by on May. 29, 2013 at 3:45 AM
Baby oil.
Mrs.Pedro
by Bronze Member on May. 29, 2013 at 3:52 AM
It is normal. I always used a baby brush and scrubbed their little noggins while bathing, the. I put a little baby oil on their scalp before getting them out. It helped keep the flakes down, but it didn't completely get rid of it of course.
mommy_me13
by on May. 29, 2013 at 4:40 AM
ALSO! its normal for your baby hair to fall out now and it may continue up until 6 months! you could also dry dandruff shampoo but be careful not to get it in your child eyes!!
HarleysMommy13
by on May. 29, 2013 at 5:22 AM
I take care of my nephew 4 days a week and when he got that my grandma just had me put almond oil on it and comb through it. Worked great and he smelled so good after lol.
rfhsure
by on May. 29, 2013 at 5:44 AM

my son got it pretty bad one time. I put olive oil on his head, let it soak in for about 10 minutes, then scraped it off with a fine toothed comb and gave him a bath. worked great!

kellysparkles
by Member on May. 29, 2013 at 5:46 AM
Use some breast milk! My DD had it and I would brush her hair "against the grain" and then rub in some BM...it was gone within a couple weeks :)
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)