Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The school released DD without my permission!!!!

Posted by on May. 29, 2013 at 11:11 AM
  • 80 Replies

DD is 8.  I've been having issues with this school since October.  Those issues are about bullying and my son, which I know a lot of you have been keeping up on.  Well today another HUGE issue occured.  I received a call around 950 this morning from the secretary at the school and was told DD said she wasn't feeling well and all her friends have already left the school for the same reason.  I asked if she was vomiting or running a fever and was told no.  I expressed that unless she was I was not able to have someone from out of town drive to pick her up and she should be able to attend class.  The secretary then told me a staff member was leaving the school at 10 am and would be dropping DD off.  Before I could respond she hung up!  The secretary released my DD with out my permisson to a staff member I nor my DD knew!  Immediatly I called our attorney and was told the appropriate action to take.  They can not release a child without parental consent!  Let alone with a staff member in a staff members vehicle!

by on May. 29, 2013 at 11:11 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Mommy2justone
by on May. 29, 2013 at 11:12 AM
2 moms liked this

Wow, I would be livid.

lilmama8408
by Silver Member on May. 29, 2013 at 11:13 AM
1 mom liked this

Id be going up there ASAP and throwing a fit, calling non stop demanding to know who my child was with, why that person would agree to take my child without my ok, and id have those 2 staff members fired. that is not ok

rugratsmommy4
by on May. 29, 2013 at 11:13 AM

Oh trust me, I am!

Quoting Mommy2justone:

Wow, I would be livid.

illinoismommy83
by on May. 29, 2013 at 11:14 AM
1 mom liked this

That is horrid. So they plan to just dump an 8 year old on her front porch, even if she doesn't have a key or anyone home, and just drive off? Wow, glad you called your attorney!

CatFishMom
by on May. 29, 2013 at 11:16 AM

Glad you called your attorney. I'd sue the pants off that school. That staff member could be a child molester, kidnapper, who knows! Just because he or she works at the school doesnt make them trustworthy, and who are they dropping her off to?! If youre at work, theyve now dumped an eight year old at an empty house?!

atlmom2
by Ruby Member on May. 29, 2013 at 11:18 AM
3 moms liked this
I would be mad, but being sue happy is ludacris. Society is out of control sue happy.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
norahsmommy
by Silver Member on May. 29, 2013 at 11:20 AM
I don't understand why they would drop a child off at her home when her parents aren't there. Does she even have a key? Probably not. This is insane. Go home and meet your dd and then go to the school and speak with them. This is nuts.
Peytonsmom6308
by Bronze Member on May. 29, 2013 at 11:22 AM
Are they planning on just leaving her on the door step?
rugratsmommy4
by on May. 29, 2013 at 11:22 AM

Phone calls have been placed, emails have been written and sent.  My attorney advised me not to go to the school.  The principal responded to my email and phone call by having the secretary call me to apologize for sending my DD home with a staff member.  That's all he's doing!  Hello!  I put specific people down on the allowed to release to form for a reason!

Quoting lilmama8408:

Id be going up there ASAP and throwing a fit, calling non stop demanding to know who my child was with, why that person would agree to take my child without my ok, and id have those 2 staff members fired. that is not ok

rugratsmommy4
by on May. 29, 2013 at 11:27 AM

Evidentally they figured because I'm a SAHM I'd be home.  I had plans and was getting ready to leave when she called and told me DD was being dropped off.  I am unable to drive and have things in place with my in laws that if one of the kids are vomiting or running a fever they would drive into town and pick them up.  I am beyond pissed!

Quoting Peytonsmom6308:

Are they planning on just leaving her on the door step?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)