Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Tutoring Services

Posted by on May. 29, 2013 at 2:12 PM
  • 4 Replies

My kid is having difficulties with school. So I decided to look into Sylvan Learning and Huntingdon Learning. Has anyone had any experiences, whether good or bad, with these tutoring services?

by on May. 29, 2013 at 2:12 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
atlmom2
by Ruby Member on May. 29, 2013 at 2:42 PM
Sylvan helped my dd in math and reading. I love them and their programs. Also their assessment is awesome to see problem areas.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
queensweet
by Member on May. 29, 2013 at 2:45 PM

Wonderful! I know that did wonders for her self-esteem and confidence. Did you find them to be expensive? 

Quoting atlmom2:

Sylvan helped my dd in math and reading. I love them and their programs. Also their assessment is awesome to see problem areas.

atlmom2
by Ruby Member on May. 29, 2013 at 2:48 PM
Yes, but luckily we could afford it. All tutoring is expensive actually. I am paying the neighbor college kid $30 an hour to tutor my college dd in calculus.

Quoting queensweet:

Wonderful! I know that did wonders for her self-esteem and confidence. Did you find them to be expensive? 

Quoting atlmom2:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
queensweet
by Member on May. 29, 2013 at 3:03 PM

Yup! It usually is. I was trying to get an idea of how much I should budget for. When I was in college (6 years ago), there were advertisements from parents needing academically advanced, college students to tutor at $10-$15 per hour. But you know, I believe in the old saying..."Education is expensive, but ignorance is more experience". I rather put out the money now while he still has a chance.

Quoting atlmom2:

Yes, but luckily we could afford it. All tutoring is expensive actually. I am paying the neighbor college kid $30 an hour to tutor my college dd in calculus.

Quoting queensweet:

Quoting atlmom2:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)