Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Sodas or NO Sodas

Posted by on May. 29, 2013 at 7:40 PM
  • 77 Replies

I here a lot of parents talk about how crazy I am to not let my kids have Sodas. My kids are 9,6,and 1.....  My two oldest I will only let them have clear sodas such as 7up, Sprite, or Seira Mist. My husbands parents are always trying to give them diet mountain dew. I tell them no all the time but it seems they do it to get on my nervse. I rather my kids drink Juice, flavored water, water, or milk.  I never hear them complain about what they are drinking. Should I give in and just let them have sodas?

by on May. 29, 2013 at 7:40 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
frndlyfn
by Platinum Member on May. 29, 2013 at 8:03 PM
3 moms liked this

How do you flavor the water or do you buy it ready made?   If they do not miss soda, I do not see why it has to be more often.  No one needs soda.    Some juices have more sugar in them than a soda so be cautious and read labels.  I would never do diet sodas since many still has aspartame (nutrasweet) in them.  That is pure poison IMO.

kam0011
by Member on May. 29, 2013 at 8:03 PM

You are doing what you think is best for your kids. So, it doesn't matter what anyone else says. Your kids aren't complaining. I say stick to your guns. I don't give my kids soda either, and I dont ever plan to. My family respects that so I don't have to worry about it when they are away. I have no problem with other people giving their kids soda. It's not my business. 

Lashawn77
by on May. 29, 2013 at 8:04 PM
No, my in laws give my kids foods I wouldn't give them but they don't go over there every day. Keep doing what is best for your kids, because you are responsible for them and their health. My kids only drink clear sodas, very little juice, milk and loads of water
casseopeia
by on May. 29, 2013 at 8:05 PM

Sodas - Diabetes in a can

MrsKaufold1990
by on May. 29, 2013 at 8:07 PM
1 mom liked this
Lol juice or flavored water.

Do you realize juice can have more sugar then sodas?

One sip of soda will not kill them.

I couldnt imagine my life with out my dr pepper.

Stop being stuck up.
ZennMomma
by on May. 29, 2013 at 8:09 PM

Juice has the same sugar and calories as soda, but soda is chemicals....

my kids are 13, 11, 8 they only get pop if we go out or special occasion.

budgie1117
by on May. 29, 2013 at 8:16 PM
We never have soda in the house. The only time the kids drink it is at Grampa's house when we visit. My middle son usually asks for water over soda when we visit there anyway. Diet sodas are awful. Mountain Dew is awful. I agree with you...I wouldn't allow it either.
Femommy
by Bronze Member on May. 29, 2013 at 8:18 PM
1 mom liked this
I make juice from fresh fruits in my juicer. Then we put fruits in water to make natural flavored water. The kids enjoy making these. They also drink smoothies and milkshakes we make.
Mom2Just1
by Mom2boys on May. 29, 2013 at 8:19 PM

No soda. We only give milk, water, or watered down juice.

Daisypath Anniversary tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Breastfeeding tickers

atlmom2
by Ruby Member on May. 29, 2013 at 8:20 PM

I would never give caffeine.  Mountain dew is the worst.  A soda week maybe.  Don't give in to mountain dew or sodas with caffeine.  

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)