Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

It's back... With a vengeance.

Posted by on May. 29, 2013 at 8:07 PM
  • 10 Replies
Gah. I went to my doctor two weeks ago because my anti depressants weren't working anymore. He shocked me by tapering me off of them completely saying they weren't made for long term use. DH agreed that I would most likely be ok without them and I fought both of them that if I was on a dosage that was still making me feel the way I do WHY would I not need them anymore?! I've been off of them for a bit now... And am absolutely horrible. I'm depressed. I sleep whenever I can. I cry for no reason. I hate life and sadly I have begun to not care--again! My 5 month old wants to have a bottle-- instead I'm upstairs with the door shut. He is in his pack n play safe. My ten year old is recovering from a broken leg and she's trying to help but physically can't. I flipped out on my 6 year old for trying to spread peanut butter with a knife (he can only use spoons- house rules) and he's now in bed for the night. Over toast! I can't take it anymore. I have a revisit with the doctor on June 22... I called DH at work to tell him to come home and feed the baby. I know he can't do that... I just don't care. Any advice other than find a new doctor?
by on May. 29, 2013 at 8:07 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
emmy526
by Gold Member on May. 29, 2013 at 8:20 PM

you may just have to sign yourself in somewhere to get your meds regulated...my dh has been on antidepressants for two years now, and can't function without them, so i don't have the slightest idea why your dr would tell you such idiotic things about them.  Many, many people cannot function without them, and use them long term without problems..the key is finding the right combo of meds that will help...it took my husband about six months of trying diff ones before he found a combo that worked well.  You can't function like that, its dangerous for you and your kids, and your dh better grow a backbone and give you some suuport on this, otherwise you are in for a rough road.  Good luck. 

wallace0521
by Member on May. 29, 2013 at 8:24 PM
The Zoloft was working for the last 3 months (I reused to take when I was pregnant and started back again the day I had the baby) and I've been on it for a total of 4 years. I really just hate feeling like this
kngarber
by on May. 29, 2013 at 8:24 PM
1 mom liked this

I have battled depression, but not to where I wouldn't feed my kids.  You need to either check yourself in somewhere or call your doctor tomorrow and tell him what is going on.  I agree, right now you are a danger to your kids.  Please get help NOW.  Call your husband and tell him to come home.  Good luck to you.

wallace0521
by Member on May. 29, 2013 at 8:26 PM
And. I am a nurse and know the effects of the meds and that there are people who function on them for YEARS. Doc has really pissed me off about this. I know I have a problem. Me looking at him and saying "no. I have issues and need them to ensure my safety as well as my kids" didn't seem to do anything. I struggle with self injuring and am teetering at the edge of doing it again.
Bmat
by Barb on May. 29, 2013 at 8:27 PM

Get help now, you can't let your children be endangered.

Quoting kngarber:

I have battled depression, but not to where I wouldn't feed my kids.  You need to either check yourself in somewhere or call your doctor tomorrow and tell him what is going on.  I agree, right now you are a danger to your kids.  Please get help NOW.  Call your husband and tell him to come home.  Good luck to you.

frndlyfn
by Platinum Member on May. 29, 2013 at 8:33 PM

Call some friends, other family members heck maybe one of your childrens'friends mom can come over to help.   Definitely not safe to be alone with these feelings.  It sounds like you need a different doctor and reallly explore which meds will be best for you.

mamamiajk
by Platinum Member on May. 30, 2013 at 12:41 PM
1 mom liked this

New Doc AND new meds!

lizard3731
by on May. 30, 2013 at 2:46 PM

Tell you doctor how things are going without the antidepressants.  I have been taking them for years and they help me tremendously.  I'd see if  I could get in see your doctor sooner if I were you.  I know you said not to suggest changing doctors, but I think it would be a good idea.

wallace0521
by Member on May. 30, 2013 at 5:11 PM
There's no doubt in my mind a new doctor needs to be found. That's the only reason I said not to suggest it. I appreciate all of the feedback. I have off of work tomorrow and as soon as my dr opens I'm calling to get something changed. Either the meds, the appointment or the dr
stargaze281
by on May. 30, 2013 at 5:44 PM

Hi. I'M SORRY TO HEAR THIS, PLEASE SEEK HELP. BUT IT ISN'T ALL ABOUT YOU ALL THE TIME. FEED YOUR CHILDREN!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)