Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Flushing

Posted by on May. 29, 2013 at 8:32 PM
  • 8 Replies
My son is 5 and has been potty trained since 2 1/2 but still refuses to wipe his own butt when he goes #2. We have tried to teach him how to wipe but he still refuses. He cries and screams for someone to come wipe his butt. I try to leave him in there til he does it on his own but eventually give in after a long tantrum. How can I get him to wipe on his own? Any advice?
by on May. 29, 2013 at 8:32 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
babie113
by Jenny on May. 29, 2013 at 8:36 PM

my 4 yo wipes his own bum . we reward him for it with stickers  we also ask if he did or not and if he didnt i make him go and wipe .

frndlyfn
by Platinum Member on May. 29, 2013 at 8:36 PM

Is he in school or going to attend in the fall?  That was a big motivation for dd before kindergarten.  She is 7 and at times she wants me to supervise her which i have no problem doing.  At age 5 i would mime the proper actiion or she would get hosed down in tub.  We have a detachable shower head.

big.city.mama
by on May. 29, 2013 at 10:59 PM
Try flushable wipes I find kids use those easier then toilet paper
Beth3721
by Member on May. 29, 2013 at 11:05 PM

My DD is 4 and will not wipe.  I have told her i will help her.  All she has to do is ask.  She just won't.  We have gone through so many underwear because of it.

fleffer
by on May. 31, 2013 at 3:45 AM
He will be attending kinder in the fall. But has been in daycare and preschool since 2. He won't go at school. Lol
But I will try flush able wipes and rewards. Lets see if that helps. Thanks
AM-BRAT
by Amber on May. 31, 2013 at 10:01 AM

We honestly wipe for our kids for quite a while. My oldest went to a half day K, so we taught her how to wipe but she mostly had it done here by us. 

I know people will say not to spoil them but I don't enjoy kids with itchy butts.

I would encourage him this summer to try, and after his attempt you do it. Maybe fun kan-doo wipes or something... Idk mama.   :)

AM-BRAT
by Amber on May. 31, 2013 at 10:06 AM

Oh def! We still let them use the kirkland baby wipes for #2.  :)

Quoting fleffer:

He will be attending kinder in the fall. But has been in daycare and preschool since 2. He won't go at school. Lol
But I will try flush able wipes and rewards. Lets see if that helps. Thanks

Bmat
by Barb on May. 31, 2013 at 10:06 AM

Wipes are a good idea. We can't use the flushable kind since we have a septic tank, but I put old newspaper bags near the toilet to hold them.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)