Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

7 Sundresses Perfect for Moms of All Shapes & Sizes

Posted by on May. 31, 2013 at 9:19 AM
  • 31 Replies

7 Sundresses Perfect for Moms of All Shapes & Sizes

by Nicole Fabian-Weber

dressNothing says summer -- or summer comfort -- quite like a sundress. It's easy. It's perfect for pretty much any and all occasions. And it's cute. What more do you need? But not every dress is flattering for every body type. What's good for your friend isn't necessary good for you, and vice versa. You need to find what works for you. And I'm here to help you do that. Here are 7 sundresses perfect for every body type.

Image via Anthropologie

Petite: Short, Tank Dress

If you're little all around, a body-con, short tank dress is perfect for you. Pair with a pair of flats for the ultimate casual summer look.

Petite: Short, Tank Dress

Boyish: Drop Waist Dress

If you have a boyish figure, be thankful. You're one of the few people who can really pull off the adorable drop-waist trend.

Boyish: Drop Waist Dress

Short Torso: A Line Dress

Whether you're tall or short, if you have a short torso, an A-line dress is perfect for you. And how cute is this one from Anthropologie?

Short Torso: A Line Dress

Hourglass: Flared Dress

If you're blessed to have the body of a pin-up, a short, flared dress is the one for you. Show off those curves!

Hourglass: Flared Dress

Tall: Maxi Dress

Even though tall people aren't the only ones who can rock a maxi dress, let's be honest, they do look best on those blessed in the height department.

Tall: Maxi Dress

Small Busted: Ruffles

For those of us not, ahem, well-endowed, a little somethin' somethin' extra in the bust area goes a long way.

Small Busted: Ruffles

Big Busted: Wrap Dress

If your body type is more on the curvy side with an ample bosom to boot, go for a wrap dress. Not only is it incredibly chic, it's absolutely perfect for that body type.

Big Busted: Wrap Dress

Would you wear any of these? What's your favorite sundress to wear?

by on May. 31, 2013 at 9:19 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
GOBryan
by Gold Member on May. 31, 2013 at 9:21 AM

I like the white, the long green and the yellow. The others are shapeless. 

m0m23b0ys458
by Member on May. 31, 2013 at 9:25 AM
2 moms liked this
Mom's of all shapes and sizes? That's funny, because I don't see a dress for short, fat women.Which is why I left the store almost in tears yesterday, after trying on 8 different dresses for SD's graduation.
CBMMOM
by on May. 31, 2013 at 9:28 AM

A couple of them are a tad on the ugly side. The others are okay. Not great,just okay.

CBMMOM
by on May. 31, 2013 at 9:30 AM
3 moms liked this

Quoting m0m23b0ys458:

Mom's of all shapes and sizes? That's funny, because I don't see a dress for short, fat women.Which is why I left the store almost in tears yesterday, after trying on 8 different dresses for SD's graduation.

You make a good point. All these seem to be for slightly differently shaped skinny people.

tigerlily86
by on May. 31, 2013 at 9:31 AM
2 moms liked this
I agree with a pp, I don't see a dress for a short, fatty woman. But thanks for sharing. The hunt continues. :)
m0m23b0ys458
by Member on May. 31, 2013 at 9:35 AM
All of these articles are all the same.Very frustrating and discouraging.:(

Quoting CBMMOM:

Quoting m0m23b0ys458:

You make a good point. All these seem to be for slightly differently shaped skinny people.

Bmat
by Barb on May. 31, 2013 at 9:38 AM

I don't like the first or second or the yellow. I do like the last one for big-busted women.

AM-BRAT
by Amber on May. 31, 2013 at 9:55 AM

I like the ruffle dress. Idk about the others....

AM-BRAT
by Amber on May. 31, 2013 at 9:56 AM

Hang in there mama. Dresses are hard. I'm a decent shaped lady and struggle with dresses. I just don't get it.

And narrowing women's shapes into JUST short or JUST busty- dangerous and doesn't make sense...

Quoting m0m23b0ys458:

gwebkeijmmm
by Bronze Member on May. 31, 2013 at 9:59 AM
1 mom liked this
Lol. All body types except the typical American womans body.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)