Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

disney vacation

Posted by on May. 31, 2013 at 11:54 AM
  • 29 Replies
1 mom liked this

I'm trying to plan a Disney vacation.  anyone have any ideas?  Also if we stay at a less expensive resort can we enjoy other resorts pools?  I'd like to spend at the most 2500 on resort package for 7 days.  it would be 2or 3, maybe 4 adults and 2 kids.  is it worth it to get the meal deal or better to pay when we get there?  what comes with the meal deal?  if anyone can answer these questions I'd be so grateful.  :)

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Lilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

by on May. 31, 2013 at 11:54 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
by on May. 31, 2013 at 12:43 PM
1 mom liked this

I wouldn't stay on property. I would stay close by in a house. The last time I did that it was around $100 @ night for a four bed, three bath house with play room and screened in porch. We could see Illuminations each night from the pool. This house was also on a pond. That was beautiful at sunrise and sunset.

I would also go to Universal as well. I would take every other day off to just relax at the house. We bought groceries so we could have breakfast and dinner at the house, eating better and saving money. Universal has better food by far than Disney except maybe for Epcot.

My fav guide is  The Unofficial Guide to Disneyland 2013 by Bob Sehlinger which gives great touring advice and tips.

by Amber on Jun. 1, 2013 at 1:03 AM
We're trying to plan a trip too, so I'm watching this thread. :)

I had a post not long ago that ladies great GREAT advice in. :)
by Member on Jun. 1, 2013 at 1:04 AM
You can't pool hop...they are very strict on that, plus if your like our family, we hardly EVER get in the pools.
by Member on Jun. 1, 2013 at 1:06 AM
1 mom liked this
We always do the meals, because it's easier but more importantly the character meals get you the characters without having to stand in the crazy long lines to see them...also, if you have can download the disney app for's great about telling you where to go, show times, etc.
by on Jun. 1, 2013 at 2:35 AM

We are actually thinking of planning a vacation and going to Disney one of those days. As of everything I've researched so far, it's actually cheaper to rent out a house. We are planning on bringing some groceries, and we are planning on a beach day every other day between the parks, simply because we are going to have an 8 yr, 7 yr, 1 yr, 2 yr, and 6 month old.

You can bring snacks, and drinks into disney from what i read on their website.

I would do some research and see if you can find a deal of somekind. I know if you plan on flying, you can get combo deals, etc.

by on Jun. 1, 2013 at 2:37 AM
by Member on Jun. 1, 2013 at 7:34 AM
We are planning to go to Disney this summer as well. I am curious to see what others say.

You should check has deals on park tickets.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by Barb on Jun. 1, 2013 at 10:30 AM

It is expensive to stay on site, but it is very easy to get from the parks to the resort.  Hotels in the area usually have shuttles to Disney.  At one time the meal deal was pretty good, but they've changed it somewhat and except for convenience and not carrying cash or using a cc all the time, we've found it is better to just pay as we go. There are different meal plans, some include a sit down meal, and some just counter service meals. And since we  sometimes want a full meal and sometimes not, it is just better for us to not get the plan. Besides, AAA has great discounts, and even with  free meal plan,  we still come out ahead not having meal plan and having AAA discount. 

by Barb on Jun. 1, 2013 at 10:33 AM

With little kids,  having a sit down meal every evening may not work out for you, although you can have the sit down meal at lunch or breakfast, of course, it is just less of a savings.

Make reservations for character meals and sit down meals (table service meals) as soon as you are allowed, otherwise you may be closed out or have only really early or late times available.

by on Jun. 1, 2013 at 10:35 AM

My parents are taking dd in a few weeks. There were some great deals with costco and also in the parks. They decided to do the meal deal so they just wouldn't have to worry about it. As far as I know you can't use the resort pools unless you are staying at the resort. If you belong to Blue Green or RCI there are some great condos, and dh and I did that for a trip a long  time ago. Almost every hotel has a pool, but realy you'll probably spend most of your time at the parks. Have fun.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)