Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Teething already?

Posted by on May. 31, 2013 at 1:00 PM
  • 10 Replies

My little man was born on April 12th. He's a month and a half old now. The past couple days he's started biting down on his binky, his hands, the hands of anyone who is holding him, and his bottle whenever he takes one (he's breastfed). He'll be fussy for no reason at times. He's even clamped down on my breast a couple times last night. Is he simply figuring out how his mouth works or could his teeth be bothering him? I was told that his great uncle was teething at 2 months. I'm a first time mom so I'm a bit confused. I thought babies started teething at 4-7?

by on May. 31, 2013 at 1:00 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
frndlyfn
by Platinum Member on May. 31, 2013 at 2:30 PM
2 moms liked this

Nope some babies are even born with teeth now.   He could be fussy as well due to a growth spurt and learning new skills by testing his mouth and how it works.  My dd loved gnawing on a persons knuckles.

Mom2Just1
by Mom2boys on May. 31, 2013 at 2:52 PM

COuld also be a growth spurt.  6 weeks was a good one in our house. (:  Teething as well.  Both my boys started teething at 3 months.

Daisypath Anniversary tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Breastfeeding tickers

PrincessGemini
by on May. 31, 2013 at 3:56 PM

Every baby is different, some teethe earlier than others. Some babies are even born with a few teeth. My oldest started teething at 6 months but my youngest started at 10 months. I highly recommend getting an amber teething necklace if your lo is teething. They do not chew on the necklace, but the necklace has succinic acid in it, which is used for relieving pain and inflammation and is absorbed into the skin. My youngest has had his for a long time and it really does help him. I also use highlands teething tablets, which are homeopathic.

ronda.darlene
by on Jun. 3, 2013 at 11:37 AM

Thank you. I felt his gums and there is a sharp knot where his eye tooth would be and when I touch it, he calms down a bit. Called dr office to see what I could give him since hes so young but the nurse said that the youngest a baby can teethe is 3 months.

jjchick75
by Member on Jun. 3, 2013 at 11:46 AM

My youngest started teething at birth and cut his bottom front teeth right after he hit 3 months and his top 2 at 4 months and had a mouth full by 9 months. Babies are all different. Also as others have mentioned 6 weeks is a big growth spurt so that could be part of it. For the teething just use a cool wash rag or something like that. 

conniejo75
by Bronze Member on Jun. 3, 2013 at 11:54 AM
Mine too.

Quoting jjchick75:

My youngest started teething at birth and cut his bottom front teeth right after he hit 3 months and his top 2 at 4 months and had a mouth full by 9 months. Babies are all different. Also as others have mentioned 6 weeks is a big growth spurt so that could be part of it. For the teething just use a cool wash rag or something like that. 

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
conniejo75
by Bronze Member on Jun. 3, 2013 at 11:56 AM
Infant tylenol... or just cool washcloth if u don't want to give pain reliever

Quoting ronda.darlene:

Thank you. I felt his gums and there is a sharp knot where his eye tooth would be and when I touch it, he calms down a bit. Called dr office to see what I could give him since hes so young but the nurse said that the youngest a baby can teethe is 3 months.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
kaeleesmommy
by on Jun. 3, 2013 at 11:59 AM

My daughter started teething at 3 months and had her first tooth at 4 months. She had all her teeth, including 2 year molars, by 18 months. Babies can be born with teeth.

Radellia
by on Jun. 3, 2013 at 12:02 PM
My son started teething around then also... But keep in mind that it doesn't mean they are anywhere close to cutting through... We're nearly at 4 months and although I've been able to see the spots on his gums since his pedi pointed them out to me at his 2 month appt, they still haven't popped through yet...
LoveMommyhood12
by on Jun. 3, 2013 at 5:28 PM
1 mom liked this

I thought the same thing.  My LO started teething around 2 mos - but it took 2 more mos or so for those first teeth to come in.  That's why I think most people think 4 mos - because you don't think of teething for months at a time!

The thing that worked best for my LO - were the Hylands teething tablets.  I would do tylenol if he seemed like he was really in pain - or was running a fever with teething.  Good luck!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)