Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Advice for Moms Advice for Moms

hes 14 and he bit a kid

Posted by on Jun. 4, 2013 at 7:56 PM
  • 37 Replies
Ok so my brother is 14 and just got suspended from the last week of school for bitting another kid. My mom asked me what I thought a good punishent would be because most disipline doesn't phase him. Any suggestions?

Update: My mother just received a letter from the family lawyer of the girl he bit. Apparently they are trying to charge him with sexual assalt.
by on Jun. 4, 2013 at 7:56 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
andreamarie
by on Jun. 4, 2013 at 7:57 PM
Im not going to say anything except. Inflict pain.
andreamarie
by on Jun. 4, 2013 at 8:05 PM
If nothung else works. I mean bite him.

Quoting andreamarie:

Im not going to say anything except. Inflict pain.
atlmom2
by Ruby Member on Jun. 4, 2013 at 8:07 PM
I would take away everything. Maybe counseling. Toddlers may bite, not 14 yo. Can't it be considered an assault??
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
piwife
by on Jun. 4, 2013 at 8:08 PM
Umm that's not normal..sorry but a normal 14 yr old doesn't bite
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
rockinmomto2
by on Jun. 4, 2013 at 8:10 PM
1 mom liked this

Yeah, that's really abnormal teen behavior. Does he have any sensory or processing disorders?

frndlyfn
by Platinum Member on Jun. 4, 2013 at 9:00 PM

I would get him into to see a psychologist if he isnt under the care of one already.   What was the reason he bit the other child?

Mamie_85
by on Jun. 4, 2013 at 9:02 PM

that's not normal. at all. punishment isn't the answer here, your mother needs to find out what's going on with her son.

SamMom912
by Silver Member on Jun. 4, 2013 at 9:18 PM
1 mom liked this

Im sorry your brother is having so much trouble. That stinks for him, and your family. Its rough when the people we love are having a hard time and acting out. Can I ask you to think about people in general? . We all act out when things are more then we can handle. Now, me, Im a screamer, a yeller and even a curser when Im pushed to my limit. My friends neighbor, well, he is a hitter... (As are many others) when they are stressed beyond their capacity, they hit... And your brother, well, he bit. 

Im sure your brother is a decent person most of the time... But when taxed, acts out. 

Im not saying its right at all... Im saying that bad behavior... Its a continum... It starts on one end with maybe a whine...A pout, Progressing down the continum to a cry, a yell, a curse, a bite, a hit... To setting fires, murder.. Its a continum... 

So, basically I don't believe your brother needs punishment. He needs help. Your mom should read the explosive child. Borrow it from the library, it is a quick, easy, helpful read for kids who act out.. And your brother is a kid until 18... She has 4 years to help him. She could also check out the website www.livesinthebalance.org. Again, helpful, informative, innovative ideas that WORK where punishments, concequences, and problems keep occuring. It is unconevntional parenting for unconventional kids... And it works! 

zaidensmommy11
by on Jun. 5, 2013 at 12:28 AM
Thanks Ill have her check them out.

Quoting SamMom912:

Im sorry your brother is having so much trouble. That stinks for him, and your family. Its rough when the people we love are having a hard time and acting out. Can I ask you to think about people in general? . We all act out when things are more then we can handle. Now, me, Im a screamer, a yeller and even a curser when Im pushed to my limit. My friends neighbor, well, he is a hitter... (As are many others) when they are stressed beyond their capacity, they hit... And your brother, well, he bit. 

Im sure your brother is a decent person most of the time... But when taxed, acts out. 

Im not saying its right at all... Im saying that bad behavior... Its a continum... It starts on one end with maybe a whine...A pout, Progressing down the continum to a cry, a yell, a curse, a bite, a hit... To setting fires, murder.. Its a continum... 

So, basically I don't believe your brother needs punishment. He needs help. Your mom should read the explosive child. Borrow it from the library, it is a quick, easy, helpful read for kids who act out.. And your brother is a kid until 18... She has 4 years to help him. She could also check out the website www.livesinthebalance.org. Again, helpful, informative, innovative ideas that WORK where punishments, concequences, and problems keep occuring. It is unconevntional parenting for unconventional kids... And it works! 

zaidensmommy11
by on Jun. 5, 2013 at 12:29 AM
Aparently this girl had ahold of him and knees him in the nuts, so he bit her.

Quoting frndlyfn:

I would get him into to see a psychologist if he isnt under the care of one already.   What was the reason he bit the other child?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN