Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Advice for Moms Advice for Moms

Did you get pregnant while using condoms?

Posted by on Jun. 7, 2013 at 5:44 PM
  • 13 Replies

I have decided to come off the pill but i am so nervous about using condoms (with no bc to back it up) We will wear the correctly and make sure everything is correct but have any of you ladies gotten pregnant while using condoms?

by on Jun. 7, 2013 at 5:44 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
ruth85
by on Jun. 7, 2013 at 6:09 PM

I was not able to be on the pill because I had bad, life threatening reactions to it, so my husband and I used condoms only as our birth control method for 10 years.  I then had my tubes tied after the birth of our second child.

In 10 years of using nothing but condoms I never got pregnant unless I wanted to get pregnant.  ( when I had our kids it was deliberate and planned).  We never had one break or fall off or any of those other things you hear about.  10 years and no issues whatsoever.  

Yes..things can happen and just because that is my experience it might not be yours....but I honestly feel like if they are used correctly, condoms are a great, safe form of birth conrol.

Mom2Just1
by Mom2boys on Jun. 7, 2013 at 6:13 PM

WE use them and no problems so far. I don't take birth control because I am nursing.

Daisypath Anniversary tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Breastfeeding tickers

conniejo75
by Bronze Member on Jun. 7, 2013 at 6:16 PM
Yes I did twice. First time using condom it broke. Got preg. Second time no break but it failed
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ruby_jewel_04
by Member on Jun. 7, 2013 at 6:24 PM

Nope. I never did. Its highly unlikely. Try NFP if just the condoms make you nervous. GL!

Moe1521
by on Jun. 7, 2013 at 6:25 PM
I have never gotten pregnant by using condoms only.
hburnette3
by Member on Jun. 7, 2013 at 6:30 PM

I got pregnant on BC.

after DD (10)  I went on the depo shot.  I used that for about 4 years.  made me bitchy!!!!! yes, for 4 years!

now we just you condoms. We've been using them for 6 years.  No oops so far.

Karla1948
by on Jun. 7, 2013 at 7:34 PM

Both my pregnancies were a result of broken condoms. After my second, I had an IUD inserted. I chose the Copper-T because hormones and I have never been friends. Mirena is famous for curtailing periods, but it is hormone based. The IUD isn't for everybody, I know, but I swore by mine, I wore one for 20 years altogether, and had it removed only because I no longer needed B/C. You might want to see what women who wear or have worn IUD's have to say at the IUD Support Group, here in CM, or the Yahoo Group "New IUD" 

Beauty91805
by Member on Jun. 7, 2013 at 7:41 PM
No, never. I have never had a condom break, I hear that happens from improper use. But if that is to ever happen, go run to the pharmacy and pick up plan b. :-)
lidibolton
by on Jun. 8, 2013 at 2:17 AM

nope i didnt though anything can happen, breakage, holes, etc so its always good to have a back up

Msshe
by on Jul. 7, 2013 at 1:01 PM

UM just became prego and my DH and I use condoms!  Did not have one break on us nor have holes.  Im shocked!!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)