Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

FYE Backstage VIP card

Posted by on Jun. 9, 2013 at 8:01 AM
  • 8 Replies

Has anyone gotten one of these? If not then DON'T!. My daughter and I each made a purchase at FYE and was asked if were had their reward card, we both said no. She explained that it was not just a reward card for FYE but we could save money at other retailers. I asked if there was a charge and she said no, it was just a rewards  card that saves you money by using it. I asked again if there was a charge and again she said no, I asked one more time asking how the card works and she explained how many benefits you get by getting the card with no fee we just had to go online to activate it. When I got homeI thought since              I shop at FYE about once a year  why bother to activate the card so I threw it away.

Today I was going over my bank statement and low and behold an $11.99 charge from FYE was on there for the VIP card.  After a half an hour of arguing with this kid that we didn't want the card, that it was never activated and demanded they refund our account. He said he could cancel the membership. He then tried forcing the card on us since we were paid until July, (they took an additional $11.99 out of our bank accounts)   again we demanded our money back. He told us he can't issue a refund, we are to write the company for that. He added that we were told that it was only a 30 day free card and that if we didn't want it we should have cancelled it online within that time. I repeated that I asked the cashier several times about a fee and she just repeatedlysaid there wasn't one. I am so pissed. I went online and there are several complaints for the VIP card and FYE being deceitful to the public and some are still fighting them for their money back, plus some have said they will also take out 25 dollars for their yearly fee. I hope I can resolve this matter but from what I read online about FYE its going to be a battle.

by on Jun. 9, 2013 at 8:01 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
atlmom2
by Ruby Member on Jun. 9, 2013 at 8:04 AM
How did they get your bank info??
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
karenax
by Bronze Member on Jun. 9, 2013 at 8:10 AM

I didn't give them any information that dealt with my card. I've read online how the cashier gets you to sign a receipt, we were told it was just to show that we recieved the card so we signed. Apparently its to give them permission to charge our accounts each month.

Quoting atlmom2:

How did they get your bank info??

mommy_2_be_2010
by Member on Jun. 9, 2013 at 8:12 AM
I had one here they don't charge for it
karenax
by Bronze Member on Jun. 9, 2013 at 8:21 AM

This card is called the Backstage VIP  they have charged both mine and my daughters accounts twice for $11.99 each for the months of May and June. Maybe yours was a different card.

Quoting mommy_2_be_2010:

mommy_2_be_2010
by Member on Jun. 9, 2013 at 8:24 AM
Same one it's blue and gold and has the words fye backsstage pass written on it

Quoting karenax:

This card is called the Backstage VIP  they have charged both mine and my daughters accounts twice for $11.99 each for the months of May and June. Maybe yours was a different card.

Quoting mommy_2_be_2010:

Bmat
by Barb on Jun. 9, 2013 at 8:49 AM
1 mom liked this

That must be so frustrating. For sure write the company a snail mail and try to get this fixed. I'd recommend being brief- better chance that someone will take the time to read it.

karenax
by Bronze Member on Jun. 10, 2013 at 7:55 AM

Not sure about the color since I threw it away. Mine has a charge and there is a lot of negative comments online about this card and the charges.

Quoting mommy_2_be_2010:

Same one it's blue and gold and has the words fye backsstage pass written on it

Quoting karenax:

Quoting mommy_2_be_2010:

karenax
by Bronze Member on Jun. 10, 2013 at 7:58 AM

Thanks I will.

Quoting Bmat:

That must be so frustrating. For sure write the company a snail mail and try to get this fixed. I'd recommend being brief- better chance that someone will take the time to read it.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)